38 : I waited

Tick tockTick tockTick tock

Tick tock
Tick tock
Tick tock

The continuous ticking of my clock had me feeling both hopeful and haunted.

It's 11:55 p.m. on the 23rd of December, 5 minutes before my birthday.

My Mind is in chaos because it keeps thinking that My Haans isn't going to be here. It keeps telling me that I'd be stupid to assume or hope that he'll be outside this door, waiting to barge in when strikes twelve.

While My Heart and Soul keep yelling in defense of Him.
They keep making me believe that there's no way that He'll miss My Birthday.
That there's no way he'll forget His Ana to the extent of not fighting to be the first person to wish me, like always.
It keeps reminding me to have faith in our bond.....
In My Haans.

But he did give her His jersey.

Nooo......
That was a jersey, albeit a huge thing for me, but this isn't a jersey.
It's My Birthday.

I know I'm scared that he might not be behind this door, counting the seconds, waiting for the clock to strike twelve, so that he could wish me.
But I will believe.

I will.
I believe he will come for Me.
He will be here.

Don't break my faith Haans.
Please.

I wiped my tears and took a shuddering breath.

" He'll be here Ana.
Believe it. "
I whispered while looking at my reflection in my mirror.

I looked into my teary eyes and whispered
" Please "

I wiped my eyes with a tissue, to get rid of any moisture in them, that can alert Haans about my crying.

I looked down at my phone and saw its 11:59.

The next second it struck twelve, and I received a message.

❤Haans❤: Happy Birthday My Ana. May all your wishes come true.💜

I blinked once, twice, and my eyes teared up.

A message?

The next second my door burst open, and I hastily turned around, praying from all my heart that it is 𝑴𝒚 𝑯𝒂𝒂𝒏𝒔.

" HAPPY BIRTHDAY "
Screams echoed.

I hastily looked in between all these faces, for that one face.
That one person who lights up my world.