35 : Watching You

We were on the court, watching the final match of basketball

After crying for hours, yesterday night, I was in no condition to come for the match, but there's no way I was going to miss it.
I'm 𝑯𝒊𝒔 lucky charm, at least that's what he says, so I had to be here no matter what.

The match was in its last minutes and the scores were in our favor, but it takes seconds for tables to turn in sports, so you never know.

I was praying for him to keep up with what he has been doing since the start of the match.
I would have cheered for him too if my voice wasn't so hoarse from the loud sobbing I did last night. It hurt to even talk too much.
And He anyways didn't need extra cheering since he had a boombox cheering for him.

" GO ARHAAN "
And there it is.
The demoness cheered in her sexy smooth voice.

I glanced at her.
How can she look so beautiful even while yelling?
Looking perfect in her tight black jeans, and My Haans's Jersey.
Well good for her.

I glanced back ahead and caught Haans's eyes.
He always does that, taking quick glances at me throughout the game.

I had asked him to stop doing that, when we were 15 years old, since I was worried that he would lose focus. His only reply was that it's in fact the opposite, it helps him focus, knowing that I'm there with him.

He focused back on the game.

After about five minutes, the buzzer went off and we won.
I clapped for him and started collecting my stuff.
Our friends were shocked, so they surrounded me.

" Mimi, you won't go to him? "
Viki asked

I can understand their shock, since no matter what, once the game is over, I and Haans run towards each other and hug each other. Even when the matches are as simple and easy as it was today.

They had their backs to the court while I was collecting my stuff, so none of us were looking at Haans.
I didn't look toward the court because I didn't want to witness what I knew was going to happen.

" What difference does it make? She's obviously in his arms by now. I won't be stupid again, to assume that I'll be the first person to hug him. "
I mumbled, because my throat hurt to talk louder than that.

Before someone could reply, I was picked up in a pair of arms.
The instant serenity that spread throughout me was enough to tell me who's arms they were.

" We won Ana " He whispered in my ear.

" I know. Congrats Haans "
I whispered back, and wrapped my arms around his neck.

No matter how much I want to be mad at him, his closeness just makes me feel so calm, happy, and cheerful, that smiling is an unconscious reaction.

He kept me back on the floor and kissed my forehead.
" My lucky charm "
He said looking into my eyes with a smile.