47 : A much-needed Embrace

" Where is she? "I mumbled to myself

" Where is she? "
I mumbled to myself

Where is she?
Where is she?

I kept repeating that sentence in my head while tapping my foot continuously.

My lecture had ended about 15 minutes ago, so I came outside and searched for Ahana, but I haven't found her yet.

Maybe her lecture hasn't ended yet. Because I did see her car in the parking lot when I went to find her there, because that and the cafe are where I usually find her.

I sat down on a bench facing the medical building, so I don't miss her.

Wow.
Am I giving stalkerish vibes?

God, I hope not.

I took out my AirPods and started listening to music.
It's always the best companion.

It was after extra twenty minutes that I saw her rushing out of the building, so I walked toward her.

" Hey "
I said.

She was in a rush, and looking straight ahead so on hearing my voice she shrieked.

I took a few steps back, thinking that I did something wrong, with my palms held up in a surrendering gesture.

She had a palm on her heart and took a few deep breaths. Then she looked at me
" Oh "

" I'm so sorry. I had no intention of scaring you. I didn't mean to sneak up like that. "

She hastily shook her head
" No. No. Not at all. I just wasn't paying attention. That's it.
You don't need to apologize. "

" Oh. Thank God - "

Before I could continue, she cut me off and started fidgeting in her place
" Hey, I'm sorry but I got to rush somewhere "

Before I could say anything she was already rushing toward the parking lot.

She then turned and walked backward
" I'll talk to you tomorrow, I gotta go now. Bye. "

She waved at me and turned and ran away.

I waved back and stood at my spot while mumbling
" But tomorrow is Sunday. "

I had thought that I'll ask her to hang out with me or maybe go out on a friendly coffee date with me tomorrow since it was Sunday.

Urghhh...

I looked at the ground in disappointment, but I saw a wallet there.

I picked it up and opened it to find the owner.

I found the college is in one of the card slots, so I took it out, and found that it was Ahana's wallet.

She must have dropped it while talking to me.

Since I didn't have her number, I looked around for it in her purse, so that I could inform her that her wallet is with me.

I was looking for it when I turned a flap and saw a photo in the picture slot.