43 : ' The Girl '

Whoosh

Whoosh...
Whoosh...

With an earphone in my ears, playing soothing songs, and wind in my hair, I felt some relief.

It was March end, and the sun was just too stubborn to leave its place, grilling everyone in its heat.
So this blowing wind had me feel soothed for some time.

My hair blocking my view, made me come out of my dreamland.

My classes had ended, and I was about to go home, when the breeze had me delaying my plans.
So I just settled on our bench, stuffed my earphones in my ears, opened my hair, and laid back to enjoy this moment.

Ghost by Justin B. started playing, and with each lyric, my heart twisted painfully.
Before I get completely submerged in this abyss, I better stop.

Still, a tear dropped down, which I hastily wiped.

Ok...
Time to go now...

So I got up and walked toward the parking lot.

There weren't many students on campus, most of them were either at home or inside classes, so it was almost deserted.
I took off the earphones and was stuffing them in my pocket, when I heard a gravelly yet high-pitched voice.

" Awww.....
Hey Ahana. Are you ok? "

Even though it sounded like a genuinely concerned question, I know the meaning of that voice.

I looked at the girl who asked the question and saw her mock concerned expression.
Then glanced at the other girl, who was smirking at me.

I don't know their names, but I have seen them scowling at me often.
They were part of Arhaan's fan club or something.

I kept my face expressionless.

It's better to not encourage them into a conversation, by answering their question, so I tried walking past them.
Tried being the keyword.

" Awwww....
Where are you running off to Ahana? "
The other girl asked, and pulled my bag off my shoulder.

Oh God.....
These Regina 1 and 2 are getting on my nerves.

I just took a deep breath and tried taking my bag back.

They threw it on the floor and started circling me.

Regina 1 made a mock crying sound and said
" So sad. The popular Haans and Ana duo is so hard to be seen these days. "

Regina 2
" Awww.... Why?? What happened? "