42 : Gripping at my conscience

" Avi, where the hell are you? "I mumbled while hastily walking through the empty hallways of the business faculty building

I mumbled while hastily walking through the empty hallways of the business faculty building.

I was supposed to get a lift from this foolish guy since my car was at the garage, but he's just nowhere to be found.
And also, his phone is miraculously switched off.

" Just where the hell are you? "
I muttered.

I took a turn left and almost collided with a guy, making us both squeak in surprise.

Wait a minute, that is a very familiar squeak.

I glanced up and it was none other than our famous manchild, Mr. Kavish Sharma.
a.k.a. Our Avi.

" You idiot "
I slapped the back of his head.

" Ow. Mimi, that hurt. "
He frowned

" Yeah, whatever. We gotta go. You are supposed to drop me off, or did you forget? "
I asked

" Hey, I have a razor-sharp memory...
.
.

.
.

But I did forget that. "
He mumbled the last sentence.

" Urghhh... "
I held my head.

" Oh come on Mimi, I'll drop you. Let's just go and collect my bag from the lecture hall. "
He put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me with him in the direction of the lecture hall.

I was looking at the loosened strap of my footwear when he cheered
" And here we are "

I felt him freeze, but I was busy fixing the strap.

" Mimi, you wait here, I'll get the bag. "
He said

" Why? I can't enter the sanctuary of future entrepreneurs? "
I asked and glanced inside the hall.

Now I know, why he asked me to stay outside.

Haans was collecting his stuff while Kashish was caressing him and kissing his cheeks.

I spun around the next second and made a beeline for the main gate.

" I'll be waiting for you outside. "
I told him while walking away.

I had absolutely no idea of the people around me. My only goal was to make it into the parking lot.
And preferably, without breaking down into a sob fest.