57 : 𝘿-𝘿𝙖𝙮

" Here goes nothing "I said after taking a deep breath and beamed

I said after taking a deep breath and beamed.

All of them nodded their heads in excitement.

" You can do it, Mimi. "
They hooted.

I laughed at their enthusiasm.

They are just as excited as me for this day, and the confession.
They have seen us go through the pain of separation and the torture of yearning for each other. They have witnessed it.

So like we always say, we are a Family, and we stick together.
We are excited for each other,
Sad for each other,
Angry for each other,
Etc.

And today it's all for Me.

" I understand you are nervous, Mimi, but don't worry too much. It's going to be fine.
Scratch that. It's going to be fabulous. "
Piku said

" No doubt. That stupid man will finally get a hang of himself, and it'll all be sorted out. "
Viki said

We chuckled.

We heard my phone go off.
It was the alarm I set for seven p.m., the time I decided to go and wait for him on the terrace.

Just as I dismissed my alarm, everyone else's phone started ringing.

I whipped my head toward them in shock.
It was so sudden.

They all tapped their phones and looked at me and said at the same time
" Alarm "
And shrugged.

I blinked twice then burst into chuckles.

They all had set alarms for the time I was supposed to go on the terrace.

It's the weirdest way in which I ever felt loved.

We all walked to the terrace and glanced around proudly at the final product of our efforts.

The golden glow from the lights streaming down from the canopy, and the pinkish hue from the setting sun were the perfect backdrop for this day.

My heart raced in my chest and my smile didn't vanish for even a second from my lips.

I couldn't look away from it.
Just the sheer beauty of the setup and what it's made for, have me feeling a hum of satisfaction in my chest.

I didn't use any red, even though it dominates the love genre, because I didn't want the setting to give away what it is that I want to confess.

" This is beautiful "
I heard Piku mumble.

I nodded, still not looking away from it.

" Well, I can't deny it either. It's beautiful. Very beautiful. "
Ritz said.

We looked at her and smiled.

" The week full of procrastinating and whining paid off. "
Viki said and started massaging his lower back.