34 : Always

After we reached home, I locked myself in my room and unleashed the tears that I had kept locked in, the entire ride home

I know that everyone knows the agony I'm going through, but it doesn't make it easier for me to see them suffering too.

The pain I see in our parent's and friends' eyes makes it harder to breathe.
It hurts to both cry and not cry, in front of them.
When I cry they all have so much pain in their eyes for me that it acts as a harness around my neck.
And when I don't, they try their best to convince me that it's okay to cry in front of them, that they understand, that they are there for me, but I can't because of how pained they look.

Every day is filled with darkness in my life. And the problem is that the person that lights up my world is stolen away from me.

More tears stream down my face, and the sobs are becoming louder, enough to cross the threshold of my room and reach the ears of my loved ones.

I'm sitting on the ground, leaning on the side of my bed, with my knees pulled to my chest, and a pillow above it to muffle my sobs.

Just what wrong have I done? Why am I being punished?
What do I have to repent for?
Just tell me and I will do it.

My doorknob being rattled jolts me up.
Did someone hear me cry?

" Ana. Ana open the door "

And the light of my life, yet the one who caused all this shadow by walking away from me, is here.

I cannot see him.
I cannot.

Even though I just want to throw myself at him, into his arms, and have him soothe me to sleep.

" Ana, please baby, please, open the door. " He pleaded.

I rubbed away my tears to the best of my ability and walked to the door.

I exercised my breathing while standing near it when I heard
" Ana " he whispered like he knew I'm standing right here.

I opened the door after a few seconds.

He took one look at me and his pained look increased
" Ana. Please tell me what's going on? Every day I see you looking depressed. Tell me, what is it? "

" It's nothing. I just have a splitting headache. The traveling got to me I guess. "

He looked like he didn't believe it.
He was just about to counter it when I spoke first
" I'm really not feeling well Haans, I need to sleep. "
And subtly tried closing the door.