Chapter 1

"Hey Lana!" He yells to His best friend since 5th grade entering his apartment door, embracing her.

"Steven!" She said embracing him too.

"So how are you?" She asked him, but she could probably already guess he wasn't doing good because she could see the circles under his eyes very clearly.

"Could be better. What about you?" He asked which made her frown slightly "I'm good.."

"So your off today?" She asked him smiling.

God that smile, he swore that was the lightest thing in the world, as if it could be like the brightest star in the darkest night, and that it was the best thing in the world. Better than himself even.

He tried to ignore the growing feeling in the pit of his stomach, he didn't know what it was. Happiness? Sadness? Loss? He didn't know anymore.

"Y-yea I am!" He said a little to quickly and excited. Ye was pretty embarrassed when he realized how high pitched he was.

"What do you wanna do? Like chill or go somewhere?" She asked. He shrugged.

"Wanna just hang out here? If that's fine with you.. I should probably clean up and stuff..." he said nervously as he was putting things away.

"That's cool! I can help, if you want." She said smiling again.

"Thanks." He said smiling at her again.

———————————————————————————

Once they were done cleaning, the small apartment was much more cleaner than it was before. He was very thankful for Lana to help him.

He was thankful for her in general, though he would never admit it as much as he felt it.

"Thank you, I was meaning to clean this but you know.. work." He said smiling at the girl. "No problem steven! Remember you can ask me for anything!" She said, reminding him of what they said when they were kids.

Steven was on a tree, but he was crying. He just wanted someone to comfort him.

Lana comes up to him "Hey Steven? What's wrong?"

"I just- I don't know." He said, sniffling. "Can you- can you come up here?" He asked, sniffling again.

"Sure."  She said, climbing up the tree fast and putting her arms around her friend, covering him from the rest of the world.

They stayed like that for a while.

"I'm sorry for asking you to stay up here." He said, looking up at the girl.

"You know you can ask me for anything right Steven?" She said, extending out her hand to him.

"Yea." He said smiling and taking her hand.

He smiled slightly at the memory, then saw how much shes grown.

He would be lying to himself if he said he hasn't had a little crush on her since like 6th grade.

But so has she. They're both just to oblivious to see it.

They hung out, laughing, talking, and watching movies.

"Well.. it's getting late I should probably go... I had fun steven." She said getting up and smiling.

"Y-yea Ill see you around Lana." He said smiling back at her.