Chapter 26

"Bolt the door!" Layla yelled.

"Oh my god. I'm going to die in an evil magicians man cave who's also my best friends dad."

"Best friends da-" Layla looked to Lana and just made an "o" shape with her mouth. Lana was against the door, trying to stop the jackals from coming in.

"No, hey listen to me. Listen to me. Your name is Marc. There's a suit. I've seen you use it. You bring it out."

"No." Steven said shaking his head.

"Where are you? We need you to fight." Layla said.

"Let me in Steven! "

"I can't hold this door for much longer!" Lana yelled still trying her best.

"No I can't. Stop please."

"Let me in. There's no more time. "

"Please, stop." Steven begged, the voices in his head were loud. He couldn't hear anything else.

"Listen to me. Your name is Marc. Bring it out!" Layla said.

Lana felt bad for Steven, he had no clue what was going on or what to do. He looked to Lana briefly before Layla grabbed his face and made him look at her again.

"Let me in. Let me in. Let me in, Steven." Marc said to Steven.

Lana groaned "Can we speed this up? My body's really tired." She complained.

"Where the hell are you? You need to fight!"

"Please stop. Leave me alone, both of you!" He got on his knees and started to panic.

Both of you, not three. He was talking To Marc and Layla, not Lana.

"Hey, you can do this. I promise. Steven.. " Layla tried to reassure him.

"I can't. I cant. I'm sorry I can't. I can't do it."

The wood started splintering and Lana groaned in pain as the Jackal banging against the door eventually knocked her down.

She got back up quickly and tried again.

"We'll find another way. Lana, can you keep it open for a little longer?" Layla asked.

"Yeah. I got it." She said.

"Come on. Let's go." And the door was pushed on harder, causing Lana to be thrown to the side of the room.

Layla grabbed her hand and Lana started whimpering as she was basically crawling to Steven. He's never seen her so..

Weak.

"Jackal. Jackal. Jackal!" Steven yelled as Lana just backed up more and got up to run.

"What jackal?"

"Jackal. Jackal..." Steven said and Lana was thrown out the window first, then he was.

"Lana!" Steven said trying to reach out for her.

"Summon the suit!" Khonshu. She couldn't quite see or hear the rest.