Chapter 39

"He's looking forward to seeing you. After Madripoor I'm Sure you two will have a lot to talk about." Bek said.

"Excuse me for one moment." He said entering a gate.

"Mr. Mogart will be with you shortly."

"So what? This joker just puts on El-Mermah games in his backyard, for fun? " Marc asks, slightly confused about their situation.

"No, he gets private lessons by the best in his backyard. " Layla said turning to Marc.

"Cool."

Mogart got off his horse as he saw Layla.

"Layla. Come in. " he said.

"Such a delight to see you. "

"You, too." Layla said, trying her best to look as real.

"How have you been?" Mogart asked Layla.

"Good. Thank you for having us on such short notice."

"Oh please. I hope you realize you need no excuse to drop by." Marc could tell these two were close, which could definitely help.

"This is my husband, Rufino." Layla said pointing to  Marc.

"Nice to meet you." He said holding his hand out for him to shake.

"Pleasure." Mogart said, shaking his hand.
—————————————————————————-
"I hope you understand this is more than a collection to me." Mogart said as the three of them walked to the Sarcophagus.

"Preserving history is a responsibility I take very seriously. " he said.

"A self- appointed responsibility that you alone were able to enjoy, no?"

"Well, I prefer to see it as a philanthropic effort at preservation. Now if I may ask, why such interest in senfu in particular?"

"Well actually our purchases are.." Layla was cut off by Mogart.

"I'm sorry. I'd like to hear from your husband, if you don't mind."

Layla already knew he was somehow gonna screw this up.

"I think that... but I think I just would love to take a look. " Marc said, not sounding very convincing.

"Funny man. Feel free." Mogart said and the two of them walked in.

"Please, just let Steven out before you blow this."

————————————————————————-

Steven was telling Marc what to do and how to connect the stars to find the tomb before he got caught.

"What are you doing?" Bek said grabbing him as Marc grabbed his gun and held it to him in shock before a voice stopped him.

"Marc! Don't!" Layla said.

"Shit!"

And Marc gave the gun back to Bek and he raised his up.

"Do you really think I'm an idiot? Get on your knees." Mogart said, stepping into the room.

"Anton, stop! " Layla tried to get him to stop, which clearly didn't work and she was ignored.

"Get on your knees. " He repeated and Marc did.

"Layla, I was so ready to make peace with you." He said, now looking towards her.

"You don't understand. We're trying to save many lives." Layla tried.

"Hey, pal. Take a look inside the sarcophagus." Marc said nodding towards it.

"There's something, really, really big. " Mogart stepped towards it.

Then Bek spoke in Arabic, and Mogart looked in another direction.

"Well, that's interesting. It Appears we have a concerned third party here. Get up."

Marc knew it was Arthur, and Maybe Just Maybe Lana was with him.

Marc walked out, to hear Arthur.

"Whatever they've told you I'm sure I can offer you something much more tangible. " he held the scarab in his hand.

But the girl in handcuffs and duct tape that one on his men was handling didn't go unnoticed by Marc or Layla as they both looked to each other and back to the girl.