Chapter 63

TW: abuse,

"I want my RoRo back." Marc's mom had said.

"I want him back."

Steven heard footsteps and turned behind him to see who's they were, It was A younger Marc and Lana.

Lana followed behind him, but stayed up where she couldn't be seen. She was there for emotional support because she knew his mom could be a little...

As soon as she saw him she spoke harshly, in a way that a mother shouldn't ever speak to her child no matter what.

"What are you doing here? Hmm?" His mom asked the younger Marc.

"Come on buddy." Marc tried to get Steven out of this memory at least, this was his least favorite memory.

"You were supposed to keep him safe!" She pointed to Marc.

"Steven, let's go."

"You let him drown. And Lana didn't even help! I know she's there! This is all your fault! Both of yours! This is all your fault!" She yelled now.

Lana grabbed Marc's hand before anything got too bad, and ran up to his room, shutting the door quickly.

She was crying now.

"Hey, Steven. Come here. Come here! Stop, stop! Don't go up there!" Marc said as Steven ran after Marc and Lana in the bedroom upstairs.

Marc chased after him. "Stop!"

——————

"Wendy? Wendy, come on, please. Wendy, please. We're just about to blow out the candles now. " Marc's father tried, he had always tried his best.

Lana sat next to Marc, and she had absolutely no emotion on her face at all. She knew that his mom would do this, even on his birthday.

"She's not coming." Marc noticed.

"Your mothers not feeling well, Marc. We'll uh.. we'll just do you, I, and Lana this year." His dad said.

Marc blew out the candles, sadly.

He just stared, he just wished his mom had cared about him again.

"Steven!" Marc yelled at Steven from behind him.

"Steven!"

———————-

"You can't have a birthday without your favorite cake! Get started on these, okay, son?" His dad said excitedly.

His mom on the other hand, wasn't so excited and was drinking.

"You were always jealous of him." She chuckled softly. "Ever since he was born. I.. I should've known you would do something like this." She said, sitting down next to him.

He had enough of this, and stomped off into his room angrily.

"Mum what are you doing?" Steven asked as he ran up to the bedroom.

Just as he was about to open the door, he was stopped by Marc, who grabbed his shoulders and took him back away from the door.

——————-

"What happened in that room, Marc? " Steven asked, fighting against Marc.

"That's it Steven! That's it." Marc said, pushing him.

"All right! All right!"

"Why are you remembering her like that? That's not what she was like." Steven tried to run away but Marc quickly grabbed him.

"No. Let me go. Let me back in there. What are you hiding? What are you hiding?"

He heard a voice.

"Marc, son. Please come inside. She will get help. "

Lana was right next to Marc, helping him carry his bags.

"We will fix this."

"You're supposed to fix this. I mean why haven't you?"

Steven pushed himself off of Marc and looked at the scene.

"I cannot lose another son, and Lana...I love you like my own daughter. I've raised you practically. Please. Please.."

Marc pushed his dads hands off his shoulders.

"That's enough Steven." Marc tackled him to the ground, sending them to a desert.

A desert Marc knew too well, and hated so much.