Chapter 40

"Why settle for a clue when you can have the treasure?" Arthur said.

Mogart looked at Lana for a second but ignored her as if she wasn't there, although her eyes were pleading and begging for help.

"Anton. Anton, don't listen to this man. He's trying to stop us from reaching.." Layla was cut off.

"Please, stop."

"He's gonna kill millions, trust me! " Layla said, looking at Mogart and back To Lana and then looks at Arthur.

"Please there's no need to descend into violent accusations. Each one of you has so much more in common then you know."

Marc wasn't looking at Arthur however, he was looking at Lana. She had bigger eye bags, she looked extremely tired, and her legs were trembling as if she had been standing for far to long. Her whole body ached, she just wanted to go home with Steven.

"Layla, you keep thinking that distance will prevent the wounds from your fathers murder from reopening." Marc then looked at Layla as Arthur spoke.

"But something stands in your way. Your husband doesn't tell you the truth. And Marc, you don't tell her because you know that if you do, she'll see you exactly as you see yourself as unworthy of love."
He paused for a second.

"Lana knows too." Arthur looked at his daughter and just chuckled before looking back.

"You piece of shit." Marc says.

"Anton.." he raised his cane "the lore surrounding these relics, I offer prove that it's real."

"This sarcophagus doesn't belong to anyone."

Lights started flickering around them as Khonshu was on a building.

"Do it. Summon the suit. Give them what they deserve. Especially for what they did to Lana." Khonshu said, looking at Lana.

She looked back for a second and almost fell. Well, truth is she's been standing for hours without food and water. She was exhausted and had barely gotten any sleep.

But the man behind her pulled on her cuffs, pulling her back up and forcing her to stand.

"Anton... would you like to see for yourself?" Arthur asked the man.

"Yes. I do."

He started chanting on Coptic again. He held the cane up.

"What are you waiting for?" Khonshu asked.

Purple began to flow from the sarcophagus.

"That's just a taste of the godly power I offer. Marc looked at him angrily.

He started to walk back

"Hey, he's gone." One guard noticed as they all put their guns to Layla.

There he was.

One of Harrows men, the one watching Lana just ran away without her, leaving her on the floor as she attempted to get the handcuffs off.

She took a Bobby pin from her hair and quickly unlocked them, then when her hands were free she took the duct tape off her mouth.

She was still so tired, but she didn't care. She ignored it and didn't give up.

Marc kicked over one, Lana grabbed a gun of of the men had dropped.

Lana went next to Layla and helped her shoot.

Then some bullets came their way and Marc put his hands around Layla and Lana, shielding them. Marc knew that if Lana was hurt, Khonshu would have his head.

"Buy me some time." Layla spoke the both of them.

"I Can do that."They both said.