Chapter 31

Here it is ladies and gentleman! Spoilers for episode 3!!

"And then I found him, with the scarab. Living 20 minutes from our old place. With a girl, Lana her name was. " a camera clicked and took a picture of Layla.

"Now, he's probably going to get himself killed running around Cairo. Maybe even the girl too. " and the camera clicked again.

"That's why you look so unhappy to be going home. " Lagaro taking Laylas pictures said.

"Anxious, maybe. It's been 10 years." Layla got up.

"All those stolen relics and cheeky antiques?" Lagaro said as the printer whirred.

"I don't steal. They've already been stolen. That's what people forget. I take them off the black market and return them to their rightful owners. " Layla explained.

"I might keep a few to pay the bills." Layla said.

"Clever you. Not so innocent anymore, eh?" Lagaro said

"I wonder what your father would think of his little scarab now?  "

"Hmm. We'll never know."

"I can't believe he let you teach me how to do all of this.  " Layla said grabbing some more things.

"Ha! The man indulged you." Lagaro said.

"You think his dig sites were any place for a child?  Archeology . One big mess of obsessive bookworms."

"Whatever happened in that desert is lost to the sands."

"It's a hard thing exhuming the pain of the past." Easy to get stuck. Fixate on what's hurt us"

"Great. Then I won't do either."

"Like you aren't ready. I miss him too is all. But that your baggage, not mine."

"Just avoid your old haunts. Call me sentimental but I worry about you. " Lagaro sighed.

"Have a good trip, love."

"Thanks." Layla said, running off.

—————————————————————————-

The wind whistled against them, like a song almost. People gathered around the scarab as Harrow had it.

He had Lana be guided by someone else, if she didn't she would probably run off. He wanted to use her as bait against Steven if he did show up. He was ready and had a good plan.

"Careful with her." Arthur muttered to the person handling her.

She was already bruised and bloody, so what difference did it make now?

"We found Ammit." Arthur said and stopped as the scarab pointed in a towards direction that they should follow.

"She's here." He looked back to all the people.

"We found her. " he spoke in Arabic. And everyone cheered

"Marc spectors in Cairo." One person spoke, coming up to them.

"He's tracking us."

"What?" Lana said, hopeful as she smirked.

Arthur looked at Lana "You're not gonna get away that easily."

"You hear that bitch! Oh Marc's gonna be totally pissed when he finds out what you did!" Lana said smirking in victory.

And she wasn't wrong. Actually she was very correct.

Arthur turned back to the person who came up to them.

"I know. She's here." He whispered, and looked towards Lana for a second and back as he chuckled.