Chapter 58

"What I find extremely interesting is this new.. the new animal character... and extremely tall lady that's blue with stars. Um..." Arthur tried to find the words.

"Hippopotamus?" Marc finished for him.

" I find that really interesting. This hippo and.. lady could break down the walls between you and Steven, and we might finally understand."

"Understand what?"

"Well, before you got upset you were talking to me about a boy. Do you remember that boy?"

"Mhmm." Marc replied.

"You think you could tell me about that little boy?" Arthur asked as Marc leaned in closer.

There was a sudden change in Marc. You wouldn't even think it was Marc, his American accent was replaced with a New York one, his jaw was tighter, and had a square look in his eyes.

It's as if this wasn't even Marc, and it definitely wasn't Steven. Steven was too kind, and Marc wasnt that unhinged.

"Hey, thank you. I feel really great. Yeah." He got up and got the pyramid thing off his desk, which was really pointy, and dangerous.

"I mean, they must pay you a lot of money in this place." He said nodding and smiling manically.

"You know what?" Arthur tried to talk before being interrupted.

"You're really good. I tell you what, I feel like a million dollars, never felt so good." He looked insane, how could this be Steven or Marc?

There was no way in hell it was either of them.

Maybe it was Marc, maybe he just snapped hearing about his brother. Maybe Marc has finally lost it, maybe he's gone insane.

But if it's not then who is it?

"I'm gonna see myself out. Thank you." He turned around and was greeted by a man holding him and stopping him from stabbing arthur, or even himself. He was clearly mad.

"Doctor! No, you're not... you're gonna release that monster.. he's gonna destroy everything!" Whoever it was, raised his voice.

"No, hey listen. Marc! Be gentle with him! Be gentle with him!" Arthur tried.

"He's gonna destroy everything!" Marc was now trying to stab his own eye, or at least it looked like that.

"Listen, I am not your enemy!"

"No! No!" Marc was injected with something in his neck, causing him to go back into the hallways of the asylum where he was screaming.

Lana was now gone, nowhere to be seen anymore.
Was he imagining her, maybe?

"Hippo! Hippo!" Steven said, and stopped screaming.

"Oh, man! Wow, these meds are really amazing."

The "hippo" walked up to them.

"Is he always so intense?" Taweret asked Steven, pointing to marc.

"Who, him? Yeah, pretty much." He answered as they caught their breath.

"So are you two like, twins?" Taweret asked the two of them.

"No." Marc said while Steven said otherwise.

"Well, yes, sort of." Steven said, still a bit shocked.

"Okay, great. That's really cleared this whole situation up for me."

"That makes two of us. Cause just a second ago, I thought I'd been shot to death." Marc said as Taweret laughed.

"Oh gosh! This will really bake your noodle, but I think you were just taking a little time out. I'm afraid you're actually quite dead."

"I'm sorry, what?"