Chapter 80

Lana grabbed the letter from Arthur's chest with
shaky hands. She put it in her pocket and tears fell from her eyes.

The man made her life a living hell, but she still loved him.

She believed that there was good in everyone, deep down. And sometimes that good was just when they were a child. But no one's really truly evil.

There's a reason behind everything.

Marc looked up at her, he understood she was hurt. But he didn't do this, and Steven probably didn't either.

"That wasn't you was it Steven?"  He asked, looking around while flames danced around them.

The suit changed to Stevens "Not a chance, mate." He looked at all the bodies and then he gave the body back to Marc.

"Marc?" Layla said, freeing her wings as she also looked around.

Lana fell to her knees, crying her heart out at this point Marc and Layla looked at her.

Layla rushed over to her and kneeled down next to her and rubbed her back in her best attempt to comfort Lana.

"What the hell was that?" She whisper-yelled, while continuing to rub Lana's back as she stayed on her knees and continued to cry.

"I blacked out."

Rumbling was heard and Layla helped Lana up, Khomshu was being literally dragged away by Ammit.

Lana was shaking, having a panic attack but tried to look and stay strong.

What if I have no one left?
What if I die?
What if Marc and Steven dies?
What's gonna happen with Khonshu?
What if Layla dies?
What if Nut can't stop her?
What-

There were a million things going through her head, and her heart clenched. She felt like she couldn't breathe and tried her best to.

"Get Harrow. I know how to stop Ammit." Layla said, Lana stared down at his body.

Lana wiped her tears away and calmed down a bit, she had forced herself to calm down however.

She sniffled and put the note that was on his chest that she had still been carrying in her pockets that she thankfully had.

Marc grabbed him roughly as the two of them headed towards the pyramid.

"The power of this room will help up hind Ammit to Harrows body. Quick, grab my hand so we can start the spell." Layla said, Lana was once again in the middle.

They did just that, Marc and Layla holding out their hands.

Purple light was around them, and it circled them along with the God and Goddess statues in there.

They were chanting, while Ammit and Khonshu were still fighting.

"We could've made this our paradise!" She said, knowing she was being sealed.

"It's too late, Ammit. You will be destroyed."

She growled at him.

Soon enough, she was bound to him and Lana had to look away as he moved around.

"You can never contain me. I'll never stop." Ammit said through Arthur as Lana looked back.

Khonshu appeared out of nowhere.

"Finish it. And leave neither of them alive."

"Khonshu-" Lana tried, knowing he would ignore her begging.

"Lana. I am sorry, I truly am. But this must be done for the sake of the world."

Marc stepped up and Lana felt tears in her eyes again.

Marc grabbed the crescents from his chest and grabbed Arthur. He couldn't do it, he simply couldn't.

He stilled, and saw his face. He looked back at Lana who looked in fear.

How could she love a man who caused her so much pain? Marc thought.