Marcs memories 2

Marc will admit, he did like Lana. She was great company. But he didn't like Steven, although he had to learn to because they were sharing a body wether they liked it or not (thanks to khonshu)

Layla coming around made things harder, for them all. It made them all have to protect her.

"I love you so much, Marc! Of course! A million times yes!"  Layla said while Marc was on his knees proposing to the woman.

"You May now kiss the bride." The priest said, and Layla and Marc did just that. They loved each other.

"I'm doing this for your safety Layla!" Marc yelled at his wife.

"Did you ever care about us? About this? About the vow? Do you not care? This isn't the man I married, Marc!" Layla said, and with those words Marc left.

"Goodbye, Layla." He said, slamming the door.

Layla cried all that night, but so did Marc.

All he wanted to do was protect her, and she's making this all hard.

He did love her, of course. But he wasn't sure if  he did now.

"Marc, What are we gonna do about Lana?  Her  father will probably come looking for her." Khonshu said behind Marc in the room.

"She'll be fine."

"Stevens gonna be mad when he finds out you pushed her away. Fix this, Marc!" Khonshu said angrily.

"Why do you care about her so much?" Marc asked, genuinely wanting to know why.

"I've known her since she was a child, raised her as
My own. Arthur didn't raise her, just abused her. She's more important to me than you, Marc."

Marc scoffed "Yeah, I know that."