Chapter 46

"Well, hadn't he disappeared from your life already?" Steven asked, offending Layla and Marc at the same time.

"Yeah. I mean, whatever. His suit was his best feature, wasn't it? Didn't even have that anymore." She said, keeping her eyes on the road.

"Steven, give me the body right now. This is a suicide mission. " Marc said.

"Plus, I know him. He'd wanna lone wolf this whole thing. It's not happening. We're not gonna do that. " Layla said

"We are not. It's just Me, Lana, and you and the open road. "

Layla stopped the car "Wake Lana up, We're gonna go on foot from here."

Steven looked back and hesitated, the girl had just gotten kidnapped, lost her father figure, fought off some people by herself, saved him and Layla, all with a broken hand in less than 24 hours with no rest.

"Yeah, all right." He said to Layla as he shook Lana.

"Lana." She jolted awake when she heard her name and groaned.

"We're gonna walk now, that alright?"  He asked, with pity in his eyes for the poor girl.

"Yeah, that's fine." She said, getting up and exiting the car.

"Good morning, hope you had a good nap." Layla teased her as she exited. Lana smiled tiredly "Oh definitely." She said sarcastically.

They started walking.

As they walked some more, they finally saw them.

"There they are. Let's keep moving." Layla said looking back at Lana and Steven.

"It looks like they're already inside. We'll need to find another way to beat them to Ammit." Layla said as they walked towards where they were.

Lana felt her stomach pit, she kept walking and put on a brave face, sure. But she was about to face Arthur.

Arthur Harrow, the man who abused her, kidnapped her, taught her, claimed to be her father, and almost killed her.

But she didn't want to kill him. Because Lana Harrow didn't work like that, no she worked the opposite way. She didn't kill, she would barely hurt a fly.

She felt guilty for what she did to those people back there, they were coming back to haunt her, eat her away slowly like vultures who had just found their prey.

"Lana... you good?" Layla asked her, she hadn't even noticed she froze in her spot being so deep in thought (hey that rhymes)

"Y-yeah. I'm good." She said, barely above a whisper.