Chapter 37

"The way he aspires to abuse this court. Take action now before it's too late. "

There was a silence for a moment.

"Let us speak to Marc Spector."

Marc now had both hands and feet on the floor. He looked up.

"Are you unwell?" One man asks.

Marc looks up, and then realizes Arthur is there. Arthur looks down at him.

Marc nods "I am. I am unwell. I need help. But that doesn't change the fact that this man is.. " He points to Arthur trying to find the words but loses them.

"This is a safe space for you to tell us if you feel exploited by Khonshu. "

"This is not about my feelings! I'm not the one on trial here. He is! This is about how dangerous he is if you would just listen for a second. "

"He has committed no offense. This matter is concluded. " Arthur looks up at the man and nods.

All the gods seem to snap, or disappear.

Arthur walked down with not a word. But marc on the other hand.

"Where's Lana? You sick old Bastard where is she?!" He said, his voice raspy, and panting still but he didn't give up.

"She's safe with me." Was all Arthur said as he left.

Yatzil was still there, but as she was going to go she went down the steps and walked towards Marc.

"Marc? There is another way." She brought him to a  closed space "you must listen to me very carefully." She said.

"Yes, yes."

"Ammit was buried in secret. The location hidden from even gods. Ammit had many followers I didn't know who to trust."

Marc cut her off "But someone had to know something."

"One man. A medjay named Senfu. He was cast with recording the location of the tomb in case the gods ever changed their minds and decided to show mercy. " she paused.

"Find Senfus sarcophagus and you'll find your tomb."

"Okay. How am I supposed to do that?"

"His sarcophagus was stolen and sold on the black market. You might want to start there.

—————————————————————————-

That's why Marc was now in the village, looking for Senfu's sarcophagus.

He asked around, but he looked suspicious doing it which didn't help.

"I hope you like attention." A girl said behind him, coming up to him.

He turned back to face Layla.

"Right guy, right place. But you're not Egyptian."

"Layla. What the hell are you doing here? You shouldn't be here." Maybe it's the fact Marc was worried that if he failed, Layla would be Khonshus next avatar.

"Why? Because my name pisses off as few people in Cairo? Who cares? "

"It's not the locals I'm worried about. " he looked up to see Khonshu in all his glory, standing next to a ledge of a building.

"Come with me. I'll help you find what you need."