Chapter 10

As Steven tried to leave, guards were everywhere.

"She was betrayed. By indolent fellow gods. " Steven sighed in disgust, trying to play along.

"By her own avatar." Arthur continued.

"Avatars. Blue people love that film."

"By avatar I mean-"

"You mean the anime?" he said

"Steven. stop it." Arthur said, growing annoyed of the man.

"Are you going to kill me?"  Steven asked.

"That girl of yours.. maybe. She has a very.. interesting past. But I won't kill you."

With those words steven was mad, sad and just furious.  "Don't lay a hand on her." Steven said to the man.

"It's maddening isn't it? The voice in you head. Relentless, forever unsatisfied. No matter how hard you try to please. It devours you until there's nothing left But a hollow shell." Arthur said, lifting up his sleeve.

"And the more you ask for help the more you begin to sound like the boy who cried wolf." Arthur was touching stevens arm, which made his entire body tense.

He was breathing heavily "I can't help you. Please just- let Lana go. She has nothing to do with this." He begged.

"I am trying to help you and the girl. And she has everything to do with this."

"I saw you kill that woman in the Alps."

"I only told her what millions more will learn. Do you wanna know the truth?" Steven looked at the man and he did the same thing he did to the other people.

"There's chaos in you."

"There's Wh-"

Steven ran off when some doors opened behind him. The voice in his head told him that they guy was lying about Lana.

He trusted it for some reason, or maybe he just hoped it was true.

He was doing inventory. He was still very worried from earlier about Lana, But he had called her a few minutes ago and she was fine and safe in her house the whole time.

So he knew he had no reason to worry. But he couldn't shake off this feeling. He told her to come over maybe to explain the pictures and why the bloody hell they were in his wall.

She decided to finally agree and tell him.

——————————————————————————-

Just as he was leaving, and Lana was waiting outside he heard a dog like noise. He went around to look for what the sound was.
She  walked in because he told her to.

"Yea what is it?" Lana asked, as Steven put a finger to her lips. Causing her to shut up.

She could hear the sound as well. "Hello? Donna? J.B? Pets allowed in the museum. " he joked.

"Here, boy!" Lana called for the dog.

"Hello?" Steven said.

"Where are you? You little bugger. " he said as they continued to walk around.

The animal started to sound more like a growl.

" I hear you can you hear me?" Steven said. There was then a giant shadow.

"What the hell." Lana muttered as Steven grabbed her hand and they backed up.

They hid behind a case, both curled up.

"Steven Grant and Lana Seales, give me the scarab and you guys won't be torn apart." A voice said, a voice that belonged to arthur.

Steven was whimpering, and Lana put a hand over hers and His mouths to silence their breathing.

Steven threw his stuff,  and the creature came running towards it. They both took that as a distraction and Steven put a hand in front of her as she was behind him.

He shoved her into something before she quickly picked it up before it fell, but it made a loud noise. The noise alerted the creature.