Chapter 34

"What'd you do Steven.." marc said. He had just been responsible for the death of a teenager.

"Me? Your the one going on a killing spree."

"I didn't do any of this." Marc said angrily while looking at Steven in the reflection.

"Me neither. Listen, if you've got a problem with the body count I suggest you stop listening to that stupid pigeon. " Steven said, referring to Khonshu.

"Stay out of my way." He said walking away, not wanting to hear Steven anymore.

"Well, if we can't find Harrows digging crew we're gonna have to stop em another way." He said to khonshu who was sitting.

"What about the other gods? Are they gonna stand by and allow somebody to unleash Ammit? What about Nut?"

"To signal for an audience with the gods is to risk their wrath. And I'm sure Nuts busy enough."

"What's the worst that could happen?"

"Anger them enough and they'll imprison me in stone."

"That doesn't sound so bad to me." Marc said. He knew in his head that if Lana made that joke, the old god would chuckle, even if it was the smallest thing.

Khonshu' s and Lana's relationship was like a father daughter relationship. He loved her as if she was his own, and She loved him like the dad she never had.

"See how you fare against Harrow without the protection of my healing armor. " khonshu said.

"All right. So what? Do you have any good ideas to Save Lana?"

Khonshu looked the other way for a moment before looking back to Marc as he spoke.

"I have a bad one. "

He disappeared, floated into the air. "Khonshu?" Marc looked around for the god, who was awfully more like a cranky old man.

The wind whistled, and Marc looked at the sun.

"What are you doing?" Marc asked as he looked at the sun.

The sun was crescent shaped, instead of the moon. It was odd to see.

"Sending the gods a signal they can't ignore."

With half the sun covered, it started to look as if it was night.

——————————————————————————

"Help." A man said, As it turned darker and darker. Arthur looked at the sun.

"You're getting desperate old bird. " he spoke to himself, and looked at Lana briefly. She was sitting on the hot desert floor, hands still cuffed.

She looked peaceful almost, maybe it's because she finally accepted the fact that if she dies, she might as well have some form of peacefulness.

He then turned to everyone else "Keep digging! No matter what happens, keep digging!" He yelled at everyone as they continued whatever they were doing.

With Lana out of the picture to be the avatar for Ammit, because Arthur had recently learned that Nut put a sort of protection on her. She can't host any more Gods. He had another idea.

"Do not stop. I'm about to be called upon." He said, as he passed more bags around.