Chapter 21

Then arthur opened up the car door, making Steven fall out while lana was still in.

Instead of Arthur opening the door on her he opened it for her. Even if he has killed people, he has a soft spot for his daughter.

"Hey...dad." She spat the words with venom in her teeth, a not so nice look on her face.

"Lana. See your still the same."

"D-dad?" Steven stammered in confusion. Poor guy was also still on the floor.

"Adopted." Lana said in annoyance as she rolled her eyes.

"We just needed a chance to better understand your situation. Let's get you both out of those cuffs." Arthur said unlocking the cuffs for the both of them.

"Thank you." Steven said getting up and Looking at Lana who was still pretty upset. Why hadn't she said something earlier?

"Why didn't you say anything a few days ago huh? Thought you forgot about me, which I wouldn't mind." Lana spoke to Arthur.

"You were dressed weirdly, and your hair looked totally different. You've grown."

"Yeah..." was all she said to him.

"No wonder your scales don't balance. It must be very difficult having all those voices in your head. Steven grant, Marc, Khonshu. I'm curious, do you think that Khonshu chose you as his avatar because your mind would be so easy to break or because it was already broken?" He paused for a second and looked to Lana.

"And do think think nut chose you because you think your special or because your still the most stubborn person ever?" He said, Lana just ignored him.

He looked back to Steven and he said "No, I'm not broken. Just need some help, we both do."

"Steven you don't-"

"That's right. That's why I'm here, to help." Arthur said.

Lana wanted to say something, but with the man who caused her so much pain, so much anger right in front of her, she couldn't.

Lana for the first time in a while felt vulnerable. Nut would be so disappointed in the girl, she would probably scold her actually.

And vulnerable wasn't a word to describe Lana who was usually So brave... Everything but vulnerable.
In fact she hates the word itself.