Chapter 14

"That's not me." Marc's cold glare was different, unlike Stevens who's glare was soft, and sweet.

So there he was, in the office like a child who just got their parents called in school. "I should tell you the museum has no wishes to press charges on you or the girl."

"Okay." Steven sighs in relief and picked up the mug the man gave him. "But, mr grant we've spoken to your colleagues."

"Yeah?"

"We also have spoke to Your friend..."

"It's been a bit of a struggle for you guys, hey?"

Steven exhaled. "Yeah, ah bit. A bit. "

"This particular group of doctors has a long standing relationship with us. "

"Doctors? We don't- she doesn't need one. I probably do." Steven tried to say, he knew how much Lana hated therapists.

"They're wonderful. Yeah? I could arrange an appointment. I also wish you speak to you friend about this. "

"Okay, yeah. It looks.. it actually looks quite posh. " he chuckled.

But he was only half lying. Steven wasn't gonna talk to Lana about this. He wishes the best for Lana, not for some lousy therapist to tell her she's mad.

"Looks like they're very good listeners, right?" He said holding up the and pointing at the picture.

"They really are."

"I know this is classic HR to say, but... But your not alone. Your friend isn't either. "

Steven nodded, even though he knew that he and her were utterly alone in this.

"Yeah, that's like part of the problem, innit?"

"Before you leave us sorry for the protocol but.. Any museum property on you or your friend?"

"N-No. Lana wouldn't steal. I haven't nicked anything I swear I.." he pulled out the stuff from the loft, looked at it and then put it away.

Steven took off his name tag as well, looking at it sadly. He had a decent job, decent pay. And that was all ruined because of Marc and some stupid beetle.

————————————————————————

Lana was in her managers office as he looked at her angry. "You're fired." He said as soon as she stepped in.

"I'm- What did I do?!" She practically yelled (anger issues am I right?). "You vandalized a museum bathroom! That's against the law. Your ass should be in jail!" He said.

She looked at him shocked, she had been a really good employee now that was all ruined because of a misunderstanding.

"Fine! I wanted to quit anyways!" She said, and put her name tag on his desk and he just folded his arms as if he had a reason to be angrier than her.

He just watched as she left, so did everyone else. No one had been her friend, no co-worker at least.
They were all stuck up, nasty, creepy people. She didn't like them at all.

Part of her was glad she quit, but now what was she gonna do?