chapter five: works every time

ambers eyes slowly fluttered open as she was met with the sun peering through the window across from her bed.

she groaned and looked at the time,

9:49am

knowing that she won't be able to get back to sleep, amber decided to get ready for the day.

she had a warm shower and got dressed — wearing denim shorts, a ramones t-shirt, a long leather jacket, and black and white converse to top it off.

she tied her hair into two space buns to top it off.

amber put her sunglasses on her head and grabbed her phone and shoved the keycard in her back pocket.

as amber was walking down the hallway, she scrolled on her phone, soon seeing a news story that caught her attention.

"AMBERLYNN THOMPSON SPOTTED WITH GRETA VAN FLEET"

the text was all caps and in bold letters, obviously trying to grab attention.

i'm touring with them, what did they expect to happen? amber thought to herself, rolling her eyes.

she proceeded to click on the news report to see photos of her and the boys together.

the first is amber shopping with sam, the next was her with the fans, and the last one was all five of them around a table at the bar.

amber hated the feeling that she was being watched, and that was how she felt most of the time.

she never seemed to catch a break whenever she were anywhere other than a hotel or her house.

she felt that she didn't have any privacy.

amber shoved her phone into her pocket and sighed, before walking onto the elevator and pressing the bottom floor, deciding not to wake any of the boys up, though she knew for sure that josh and sam would probably still be asleep after their reckless night.

after a around thirty seconds she were on ground level — the elevator door opening to reveal the lobby area.

she walked past the reception and to the entrance, but as she stepped outside, she were instantly greeted with flashing lights and loud voices.

"over here amberlynn!"

"how was your night with greta van fleet?"

"can you just look over here real quick, amberlynn!"

amber quickly turned around and walked back inside to the safety of the hotel.

they couldn't enter since there were three security guards at the front, though they continued to snap pictures.

"how long have they been here for?" amber asked the receptionist.

"a few hours." she said, looking up to amber from her computer.

amber looked to her right to see a certain lead guitarist approaching her, looking worryingly over to the swarm of paparazzi trying to get snaps of the two.

"morning." jake said to amber.

"good morning." she said as she smiled.

"that's a bit annoying." he said, pointing to the multiple people outside.

"tell me about it." amber sighed, "is there a back exit by any chance?" she then asked the receptionist, and she nodded, quickly getting a security guard to escort her out back.

"thank you." amber said and the receptionist simply smiled.

"wanna grab a coffee?" amber asked she began to walk.