chapter twelve: since when do you get nervous?

"amber..." a voice spoke, "amber, we're here."

amber opened her eyes and saw jake sitting on the edge of her bed, smiling softly down to her.

"hey." amber said as she stretched, "i thought nick was supposed to be waking me up?"

"he went inside to check out the venue." jake said, "him and taylor were very excited."

amber laughed lightly, "sounds like them."

"what time is it?" she then asked, looking out the window to see that it was still day.

jake looked to the watch on his wrist, "it's four o'clock."

amber quickly sat up.

"four o'clock?!" she asked, "we have a sound check right now!" she then exclaims, scrambling in the sheets.

jake laughed lightly placing his hand on her shoulder, "relax, i got them to push it back to four forty five, so you still got a little bit of time." he said.

she bit her lip, his cold hand making her warm body tense up in a way.

amber smiled to him, "thanks."

jake simply shrugged his shoulders as he pulled his hand away from ambers shoulder, "you looked like you needed the rest." he said, "plus, sam is still asleep too."

amber looked over to sam's bunk to see that his curtain was still shut, and the two laughed quietly.

"hey amber." josh said as he walked past her, then turning around and walking backwards, smiling sweetly to her.

"hi josh." she said, smiling back to him.

josh turned around and then quickly pulled sam's curtain to the side and jumped up onto his bunk, then wrapping his arms around him, squeezing sam tightly.

"JOSH LEAVE ME ALONE!" sam yelled.

josh didn't budge, so sam started kicking josh, trying his best to get him off of his bed.

eventually, sam was successful to getting josh off his bed by pushing him over, but unfortunately, since josh's arms were wrapped around sam's body, when josh went down, so did sam, causing a loud 'thud'

"i'm awake." sam mumbled from under josh's body.

amber and jake chuckled as the watched josh get up off of sam.

"mission successful." josh said as he walked past amber and jake.

amber watched as sam slowly got up, and she laughed at his bed hair — it being all over the place.

"you gotta brush your hair dude." jake said as sam lazily walked past us.

"coffee first." sam said.

"you should get yourself ready." jake said as he got up from ambers bunk, "a hot chocolate will be waiting for you when you're done."

amber blushed as she smiled up to him.

he's so sweet, amber thought to herself.

jake then offered his hand out to amber and she took it.

jake helped up off from the bed and smiled to her before reluctantly pulling his hand away and walking off in the opposite direction, leaving amber biting her lip as she watched him walk away.