chapter forty: everything will be okay

amber and jake kept their distance as they couldn't secretly go into each other's bunks, the other boys noticing if they would have straight away.

amber looked up to jake from the dining table as he rubbed his foot up and down her leg.

she smiled to him, and he smiled back to her.

"we're here!" nick called out as he pulled the bus to a stop.

nick, sam, danny, jake and amber then all turned their heads as they heard a collection of screams and yelling.

they looked through the window to see numerous fans running to the fence, shouting for them all to come out, the only thing stopping them being a fence and several security guards.

"i-i might go out and say hi." amber said, looking to the fans as some of them began to break into tears.

"yeah, i'll go as well." jake said.

the pair began to exit the bus, the rest of the group deciding to stay in for a little while.

"i was thinking... after we talk to the fans... we could sneak away for a while?" jake asked.

amber looked up to him and smile, "sure."

is he going to ask me to officially be his girlfriend? amber asked herself, trying her best to suppress her smile.

jake then opened the tour bus door for amber, and she smiled to him as caught up, walking beside her, his hand brushing up against hers.

she wished she could hold his hand right about now.

"amberlynn!" a girl yelled.

"jake!" the other yelled from beside that girl.

amber smiled up to jake and the two of them walked over to the pair, and their faces lit up as they approached them.

"oh- oh my gosh, can we have a photo please?" she asked.

"of course!" amber said happily.

she took the phone out of her hand.

"actually maybe you should take it jake, your arms are longer than mine." amber said, handing the girls phone to jake.

he chuckles softly before holding the phone out, yelling "cheese!"

"thank you so much." the girls said in unison as jake handed her phone back.

"can i ask you a question amberlynn?" the girl asked.

"go ahead." amber said, turning back to the girl, jake still behind her.

"what was it like when you and josh went on your first date?" the young girl asked.

ambers heart dropped and she saw jakes body shift uncomfortably.

she had forgotten that her and josh were technically 'together.'

she then thought back to the date she had with josh, how they had almost kissed and she smiled.

"it was great." amber said.

she then thought to later that night, when her feelings were settled, for good.

the girl smiled.

"where did you guys go for your date?" she asked.

"we went to this restaurant and then we walked around for a bit... we were about to kiss for the first time but uh..." amber trailed off, looking to jake, "sam called and we had to go back to the hotel."

the girl chuckled, "sam seems like he always does things at the worst times."

amber smiled softly, "he's like that."