chapter twenty one: it'd be good if you two got together

"hey." jake said as he pulled out the cigarette that was resting between his lips, a thin layer of smoke flowing out into the almost dark sky.

"hi." amber said as she smiled warmly to him.

she approached him with josh by her side, his hand in her waist.

amber noticed jake look down and tense slightly.

"where did you two run off to?" sam asked as he jumped down from the tour bus steps, joining the three.

"we just went for a walk." amber said with a small smile, looking over to josh.

"very cute." sam said, wiggling his eyebrows, amber rolling her eyes in return.

"i'm gonna have a shower, i'll see you on the bus." josh whispered into her ear, his hand sliding away from her waist.

josh walked onto the bus, and sam spoke up.

"soooo... you and josh, huh?" sam asked.

amber blushed slightly but shook her head.

"there's nothing there, sam." she said, leaning against the tour bus next to jake.

she'd like to say that there is something there but... she just doesn't know what josh thinks, so she won't admit anything until she's sure.

"our manager the other day said that it'd be good if you two got together." sam said.

"yeah, my manager said that too." amber said.

"well... are you gonna do it?" he asked, looking down to amber.

"josh and i were talking about it, and we said we'd talk to our managers." amber answered.

"what does that mean?" sam asked.

"it means that, yes, we might be doing it." amber said.

sam looked over to jake, but quickly looked back to amber.

"but it's only for our safety. fans can get a little crazy." amber said.

"yeah, some people go to some extents to try and get with famous people." sam said, placing his arm around amber's shoulder, then leading her onto the bus, "but... who knows, maybe you guys might actually have feelings for each other after it."

amber looked back to jake, to see an angry sort of look on his face, and she wonders why.

he was fine a few hours ago...

amber directed her attention to sam and shrugged her shoulders.

there was a little part of amber that hoped that that might happen.

but there was another part of her wanting to go to jake.

amber's phone started buzzing in her pocket, and she pulled it out to see jamie calling her.

sam took his arm off her shoulder, "i'll let you take that." he said, then moving down the tour bus to his bunk.

amber answered the phone, taking a seat at the table.

"hey, what's up?" amber asked.

"okay so," jamie began, "tomorrow you three have an interview at four before the soundcheck, and your team was thinking that you should really consider the staged relationship with josh."

"actually, josh and i were talking about that today, and we are considering it. but we just wanted to talk to our managers first." amber said.

"okay well, what do you want to know?" jamie asked.