chapter fourteen: just reminding you

amber peeked from behind the curtain and watched as more and more people piled into the venue.

"oh my god." amber muttered to herself.

"not wanting to leave just yet, are ya?" a voice said from behind amber, and she turned to see josh.

he was wearing a sparkling blue jumpsuit with stars scattered across it.

"we always manage to match, don't we?" amber asked and josh laughs lightly.

"the press are going to have a field day when they see us matching." josh said.

"oh, i take it you've seen the magazine?" amber asked.

josh nodded.

"yep, it's crazy how excited they get over matching bracelets." josh stated, and amber smiled.

josh then looked at amber's outfit, smiling.

"you really do look perfect." he said, looking up to her.

amber's cheeked turned a bright red.

"t-thank you." she managed to get out, "you don't look so bad yourself." she then joked.

josh smiled brightly and then shrugged his shoulders, "i try."

amber then turned around looked pulled the curtain to the side, and looked back out into the audience, feeling josh's presence now beside her.

"there is so many people." amber said, now noticing that there were twice as many people compared to when she last looked out.

josh smiled to amber, "after doing this for years, you are still always shocked at how many people come out." josh said, "some people you recognise from previous gigs, and you're like "wow, you're still following us?" and others are new faces and you know you'll see them again in the future."

amber smiled as she looked to josh, "do you remember the faces you see in the audience?" she asked.

"most of the time." he said.

"boys, you're on in fifteen minutes!" a man called out.

"well i better get back to the dressing room with the other guys." josh said, dropping the curtain and stepping back.

"i'll be here watching you when you get on stage." amber said, smiling to him.

josh smiled brightly before turning around and walking off but then he quickly turned back to amber.

"you look perfect by the way!" josh yelled out, and amber blushed profusely.

"you already said that!" she said, laughing slightly.

josh laughed, "i know, i just wanted to remind you."

amber smiled, "thank you." she said.

josh smiled before turning around and walking down the hallway into the distance, eventually opening a door and walking in.

amber then turned around and took one last look out into the audience, before turning back and walking down the hallway.

suddenly, a woman that looks to be more than a few years younger than amber, jumped in front of her.

"hi! i'm emily, and i'm photographing your band and greta van fleet for the australian tour." she said happily, holding her hand out to amber.

"hey, it's nice to meet you." amber said, smiling softly to her.

"i'm so excited to photograph you all! i feel like you'll be so amazing live!" emily said.

amber thought back to the last time they performed live, and cringed as she remembered taylor vomiting off the side of the stage, but luckily no one other than her and nick noticed.

"thank you." amber said, "i'm keen to see what your shots will end up like... i'm not very photogenic, so don't take many of me."

"oh, you are very photogenic." a voice said, and amber turned to see sam approaching her and emily, "please take loads of pictures of her."

amber rolled her eyes and pushed sam playfully.

"will do." emily said with a smile as she looked up to sam who was placing an arm around amber.

"alrighty, well we'll see you later." sam said to emily, turning around and leading amber with her.

"don't you have a show in like ten minutes?" amber asked as they walked down the hallway.

"yes, but i think you should sort out your band mates." sam said.

amber quickly stopped and began to hear music blasting from the dressing room.

"are they listening to..." amber trailed off.

"yep." sam said as he lifted his arm off amber's shoulder, "good luck."

amber sighed as she watched sam walk away — she hated having to get mad at nick and taylor when they were acting like idiots.

amber slowly opened the door and was instantly met with nick and taylor dancing around to the music... the music being greta van fleet.

amber quickly rushed over to taylor and yelled over the music, "turn it off!"

"it doesn't go any louder!" taylor shouted back.

amber's jaw clenched, and she snatched his phone out of his hands and turned the music off.

"we are performing in thirty five minutes!" amber said, "get it together!"

nick's face dropped, "sorry amber." he said.

taylor groaned, "we can't have a little fun before the show?" he asked, going to the alcohol cart to pour himself another shot.

amber pulled the shot out of his hand and poured it down the sink.

"a little fun, yes." amber said, "but this much fun? it's too much."

taylor rolled his eyes.

"this is our first time performing in-front of a massive crowd." amber said, "let's try not and screw it up?"

taylor nodded, "yeah, sorry amber." he said.

amber sighed, "it's alright... now let's go and support the other boys."

taylor and nick nodded, before walking out of the dressing room door and walking down the hallway to the stage — where there were fans screaming and lights were flashing.

amber walked up to the left side of the stage where she saw josh and sam standing.

"hey." amber said with a smile.

josh instantly turned to amber and his face lit up.

"seems like the crowd really wanna see you." amber said.

"nah, they just wanna see me." sam said, and josh laughed.

"i'm the lead singer, all eyes are on me." josh said, and sam rolled his eyes.

amber noticed nick and taylor with danny and jake on the other side of the stage.

she made brief eye contact with jake for a moment, before looking to josh as he turned to her and smiled warmly.

"have fun." amber said.

"of course." he said, running backwards onto the stage, and blowing her a kiss before turning around into the crowd and waving his hands in the air to all of them.

sam smirked as he looked between josh and amber.

"what?" amber questioned, laughing slightly.

sam shrugged his shoulders and he pulled the bass strap over his head and ran out onto the stage.

the crowd roared with excitement and somehow they got even louder when the rest of the boys ran out.

"damn, that is loud." nick said as he approached amber with taylor.

"how are we going to top that?" taylor asked.

"are you seriously trying to be better than them?" amber asked, looking to taylor.

taylor shrugged his shoulders, and amber shook her head as she looked back out to onto the stage, noticing a certain guitarist lookin he her way.