chapter nineteen: they won't stop looking at you

sam pulled the tour van into a car park and pushed his sunglasses up.

"we're here." sam called out as he got out of his seat and moved down the bus.

it was one in the afternoon, everyone was up, and everyone was eager to get to the beach.

amber pushed the bathroom door open and was instantly met with josh.

josh dropped the clothes he held in his hand, and as he picked them up off the floor, he examined amber's body because after all, she was wearing a bikini.

"sorry." amber said, blushing slightly.

josh shook his head to snap out of this sudden trance, and moved to the side to allow amber to walk past him.

he looked back to her for a moment, before going into the bathroom.

"lookin good am." taylor said, looking amber up and down slyly from his bunk above her.

"you look like you're hungover." amber said as she glanced at him, before pulling out a pair of jean shorts and a button up hawaiian shirt.

taylor groaned, "i feel like crap."

"you look like crap." amber said, "luckily enough we're getting some fresh air and salt water."

"maybe even some chicks too." taylor added as he slowly made his way off his bed and onto the floor.

"hey! no groupies. that's my number one rule, remember?" amber asked.

taylor groaned once again, "just cause you don't wanna have fun!"

"i do want to have fun! just not in that way." amber protested.

"who doesn't wanna have a fun night and then completely move on from it the next day?" taylor asked.

"well what happens if this unlucky woman gets pregnant, huh? what are you gonna do then?" amber asked, "everyone knows that you're not ready for that type of commitment."

"well that's never gonna happen" taylor said, "i'm careful with my women."

"you're careful when you're sober or when you're drunk? because most of the time you were drunk when you brought chicks onto our bus back in 2019." amber said, "you're lucky you didn't knock one up."

"one day, your luck is gonna run out." nick chimed in as he walked past the pair.

"exactly." amber said.

taylor sighed, "i'm gonna be fine, relax... no mini taylor's are gonna be roaming the tour bus anytime soon." he said

"you never know." amber said, wiggling her eyebrows.

taylor rolled his eyes before moving to the front of the tour bus where he began looking through the little mini fridge.

amber turned around and saw jake smiling up to her.

"you guys are funny." he said, looking to taylor then back to amber.

amber chuckled lightly, "he's a struggle sometimes, but he's my best friend... and my drummer so i'm kind of stuck with him." she said.

jake laughed.

amber pulled the jean shorts over her bikini bottoms, and then put the hawaiian shirt on, only buttoning up the middle button.

jake looked away as she put her clothes over her swimmers, biting his lip in an attempt to suppress his feelings for her.

the bathroom door then slid open, and amber watched as josh walked out, the two making eye contact until amber shifted her eyes down to his chest.