chapter thirty one: i've fallen for the wrong boy

"jamie! oh thank goodness you've answered... it only took you three bloody tries!" amber said.

"what's happened?" jamie asked, sighing.

"josh and i are going out on a date and i have no idea what to wear." amber explained.

there was a few moments of silence until jamie shouted so loudly it startled amber.

"WHAT?!" he asked her.

"jamie! calm down!" amber said.

"you and josh. on a date." jamie stated.

"yes." amber said simply.

"to be honest i thought you would've gone for the guitarist, jake, after all, he is your type." jamie said.

amber sighed, "how do you know what my type is jamie?" she asked him.

"you love dudes with long hair... plus i looked through who you follow on instagram — kirk hammett, jimmy page, jimi hendrix. i could go on really." jamie said.

"ever thought i could be follow them because they are just genuinely great guitarists?" amber asked.

"nope. a drunken amber once said 'guitarists are my type.'" jamie said.

"i don't remember saying that." amber said.

"key word: drunk." jamie said.

amber chuckled slightly before shaking her head.

"focus jamie!" she said, "i need your advice for once."

"okay where are the two of you going." he asked.

"i have no clue, but he did say that i should dress casual." amber said.

amber was thankful that josh had told her how to dress, otherwise she'd be stressing on how she should dress.

"well that's just great, we're off to a great start here." jamie said unenthusiastically.
"okay, do you have a dress in there anywhere?" jamie then asked.

"dresses are far from casual." amber said.
"dresses can be casual. just depends on what you've packed." jamie said.
"well, i have the red one and the yellow one that you always make me bring for no particular reason." amber said.

"well now you have a reason, go put on the yellow one and your nice sandals." jamie said.

"alright, thank you jamie!" she said.

"i expect a message after the date telling me how it went." jamie said.

"okay, okay. bye!" amber quickly hung up the phone and dug through her bag, finding the short, yellow, floral dress and sandals.

the dress and shoes she were wearing weren't too fancy, but still enough to fit the dress code of a restaurant.

amber then heard a knock on her door and she opened it to see josh standing in the doorway, his normal white shirt and brown long pants.

"ready?" he asked, a smile plastered across his face.

"yep." amber said eagerly.