chapter forty-three: i promise i will never break your heart

the rain began to patter against the windows softly and amber looked to jake, getting trapped so easily in his eyes.

despite how dark it was, she could still see him so clearly.

"so..." he trailed off, taking a seat beside amber.

"so?" amber questioned.

"why did you message me to come up here?" jake asked, "you could've messaged anyone else but... you messaged me."

amber shrugged her shoulders and smiled to him softly.

"maybe cause i wanted you here?" amber questioned.

jake leaned in close.

"you wanted me here?" jake asked.

amber nodded.

"of course." she said.

at this moment, amber had completely forgotten that she were going to push jake away. it seems that whenever they are together, she just wants to get closer.

jake then leaned back.

"so how are you feeling?" jake asked.

amber rolled her eyes, "i keep getting asked that question, yet i feel fine."

"i'm sorry i care about you." jake joked.

amber sighed, smiling softly to him. "thank you."

"you have... you have no idea how scared i was, amber. we had no idea what happened, just that you were rushed to hospital. i saw you in the hallway on a stretcher and... well i ran, i ran to you. you looked so pale... lifeless. it- it was terrifying." jake recalled.

his whole body went cold as he explained these events.

"i'm sorry..." amber said, "but i'm okay now."

she took his hand and held it in her own, reassuring him that she was still here.

"did the people in the crowd have any idea what happened?" amber asked.

"not at first... someone announced over the loudspeaker that the show had been cancelled and more information would be released later and well now i think they know." jake explained.

"what do you mean?" amber asked.

"there's a few photos of you, a lot of articles and... i think you were on the news at one point." jake said.

amber sighed, "it shouldn't be that big of a deal."

"look, no one knew what happened so most of them just assumed the worst." jake stated.

amber nodded, "what did the articles say?" she asked.

"it didn't say much, mostly because people don't know much. it just said you collapsed and have been rushed to hospital." jake said.

"well... they should know i'm okay." amber said.

"how would you do that?" jake asked.

amber thought for a moment before holding her hand out to jake.

"give me your phone please." amber asked.
"why?" jake questioned.
"so i can inform people of my existence." amber said.

jake then pulled his phone out of his pocket and handed it to amber.

"what's your password?" amber asked.

jake rubbed his neck nervously, "uh... it's um, it's amberlynn."

amber smiled softly and typed the password in, the phone then unlocking and showing the home screen.

amber tapped on instagram and opened up the camera, trying to get a selfie of her and jake.