chapter sixteen: we're just friends

amberlynn finished her guitar solo, and looked up to the crowd as they cheered out back to them.

"thank you so much brisbane!" amber said, "it's been a pleasure."

the crowd roared as the group gave high fives to the people in the front row, before they ran off the stage and back into the wings.

amber looked across the stage and saw jake standing there, mouthing something to her...

"what?" amber mouthed, unsure as to what he was saying.

"you're a better guitar player than me!" he mouthed.

amber chuckled, "as if."

"amber!" a voice called out, and she looked away to see josh walking her way.

"you were perfect!" josh said as he wrapped his arms around her.

warmth.

"josh," amber laughed, "i'm all sweaty!"

"and you think i care?" josh asked as he pulled away.

amber smiled before pulling him into another hug.

being in josh's embrace just felt so right to amber, but as she looked past him to jake, she suddenly felt her stomach drop.

jake's face dropped as he saw amber's arm's tightly wrapped around josh's body.

amber pulled away and smiled to josh.

"we're going to a bar, wanna come?" josh asked.

"well i'm assuming nick and taylor are going, so that means i'm going." amber said, and josh smiled brightly again.

"great." he said, "well i'll let you get changed, but i'll be waiting outside."

amber smiled, "alright."

the two both went seperate was as amber walked down the hall into the dressing room, and josh going to talk to sam, danny and jake.

amber walked into the dressing room and got changed in the bathroom, before walking out and seeing nick and taylor scrambling out of their clothes quickly.

"god! could you not have waited?" amber asked as she covered her eyes.

"it's not like you haven't seen us naked before." taylor said as amber placed her outfit on a clothes hanger and then onto railing which stores all of their outfits.

"yeah but it doesn't mean i want it to happen again." amber said.

nick and taylor had put their clothes on when amber turned around, and then stuffed their phone's into their pockets.

"you going to the bar?" taylor asked as the began to walk to the door.

"yes, and there's no rush." amber said, but as soon as she said 'yes' taylor was already out the door.

"i'll see you there." nick said with a soft smile, and amber waved as he walked out.

amber took her phone off the bench and looked at the multiple notifications.

dad
how was your first show
of the tour?

amber
incredible, dad.
i can't wait for you to watch
us when we're playing at home

dad
i can't wait either my little dove.

amber smiled at his message, he always called her 'my little dove'

she then opened instagram where sam had sent her multiple photos of her and the boys performing.

sammy
i'm no photographer,
but i do gotta say,
these look pretty good.