chapter twenty seven: if only you knew

the tour bus was already on its way to their next destination. the group arriving to the venue in around 4 hours.

currently, amber, sam, nick and taylor were all sitting at the table, danny driving and the twins in their own bunks.

"wow, what can i say, you two have really blown up." sam said, directing his phone towards amber, revealing a news article specifically about amber and josh.

"i really don't think it's that big of a deal..." amber said, already not liking this spotlight on their so called 'relationship.'

"oh c'mon, the fans love you guys." taylor said sternly, as if somewhat annoyed.

amber looked at him confusingly.

"yeah, after that first photoshoot with you and josh, it's never been the same." nick added.

amber bit her lip nervously.

at first the whole 'fake relationship' idea did sound like good idea. but, it's only been a few hours and there is already so many posts and articles about the two.

amber knows what the public can do to relationships.

she now wishes that they could have a do over, because maybe, just maybe, if they do actually become a couple, they could have some privacy.

or atleast start with some privacy.

amber sighed, then moving out of her seat and going to her bunk.

suddenly, ambers phone began to vibrate from her hand, and she looked to the screen to see it was her dad calling her.

"hello my little dove, what is this news about you and that lead singer?"

amber didn't want to lie to her dad, but at the same time she really didn't have the energy to explain why and how she ended up committing to a fake relationship.

after all, he'd be so happy to hear she's in a relationship again.

plus, who knows, it might actually become an actual relationship?

"yes... josh is my boyfriend." amber said.

"well i think that's great, dear. from what i've seen, he's a good young man and i'm sure he'll treat you the way you deserve, unlike-"

amber cut her father off.

"yeah yeah, he will." she said.

"you alright, honey?" her dad asked.

"yeah, i'm just tired, dad. had a lot of late nights, interviews, ect." amber said.

"oh right, of course. you're a busy lady." he said, "i'll let you go."

"i love you, and give gracelyn and fraser my love too." amber said.

"i love you too, and i will." he said.

they both said their goodbyes and amber sighed as she sat back in her bunk.

why did something that seemed so simple ended up being so pressuring? amber thought to herself.

josh 🌞
you okay?

amber
just tired.

josh 🌞
are you sure there's
nothing else bothering
you?

amber
i'm just not quite used to
having everyone so
interested in me like this.
i thought maybe this whole
'fake relationship' idea would
be beneficial,
yet at the moment i'm not all
too thrilled about it.