chapter thirty eight: it'll always be you

the tour bus was awfully quiet that day.

sam, danny and nick went in the city for the day, taylor was with emily god knows where, josh was in his own bunk and jake was — surprise surprise — nowhere to be seen.

amber went back to the tour bus to find jake, but she couldn't find him anywhere.

it was dark and cloudy, with rain starting to hit the tour bus windows softly, making a pattering sound.

as amber looked outside she watched as the streetlights flickered on, and then she noticed jake.

her heart skipped a beat when she saw him... his hands in his pockets as he walked slowly in the rain, his hair all wet.

amber jumped out of her bunk and quickly grabbed jakes sweater, pulling it over her head and running through the tour bus, out the doors and straight to jake.

she caught her breath, jake watching her confusingly as she held her hands on her hand, opening her airways.

"amber, you should go back inside, you don't want to catch a cold." jake said softly.

"screw getting a cold i need to talk to you." amber said.

"well we can talk... inside?" jake asked.

"no no... i'm gonna lose my train of thought just let me speak." amber said.

jake then smiled softly, watching her gather her thoughts and try to find a way to explain.

"jake, not seeing you for so long has hurt me worse than our conversation the other day. i really want to be with you, and only you. you're everything i've ever wanted and i'm not scared anymore. it's you, and only you. i'll always choose you." amber said.

"amber, are you sure you're not making a mistake... josh is waiting for you, he'll be better than me, it's obvious. he's the perfect boyfriend."

"no, no. stop jake. don't you hear what i'm saying? i want you and only you. jake, it'll always be you, always and forever." amber said.

jake stared into ambers eyes, the rain continuing to fall down on them.

"really?" he asked with a smile.

"really." amber said, "it's always been you jake, i just didn't want to admit it at first. but now i'm ready, i'm ready for us."

jake then smiled even brighter, grabbing amber by the waist and pulling her closer to him.

he rested his forehead against hers and sighed.

"i'm sorry that i've distanced myself, i thought it'd be better that way." jake said.

amber pushed his hair out of his face, "it's okay, but please, never do it again, okay?" she said.

"i promise." he said, smiling softly to her.

"pinkie promise me." amber said, putting her pinkie finger up in the air

jake then chuckled and wrapped his pinkie around hers.

he looked into her eyes and smiled, "you're so cute."

amber blushed, "not nearly as cute as you, jake."

jake rolled his eyes playfully, "stop it."

amber laughed lightly, wrapping her arms around jakes neck and hugging him tightly.

she then breathed in, taking in that all too familiar scent of his — sandalwood and green apples.

"is that my sweater?" jake asked, pulling away to examine amber.

"so what if it is?" she asked him.

"it suits you better than it ever could me." jake said.

amber blushed again.

these little comments never failed to make her feel special.

"come on, let's go back inside and get changed... I don't want you getting all sick." jake said.

jake then placed his hand on ambers back and guided her to the tour bus, opening the door for her, letting her enter first, then following closely behind.

amber dug through her suitcase and got a change of comfy clothes, she turned around to see jake standing there with another one of his sweaters in hand.

"for me?" she asked eagerly.

jake smiled, "of course."

he then handed her the sweater and she smiled brightly, imagining herself stealing all his clothes in the future.

jake went to the bathroom and got changed first and then amber did too.

when she got out of the bathroom her nostrils were filled with the smell of chocolate, and as she walked down the hallway, she saw jake with two mugs in hand.

"here." he said, handing her a mug.

amber took a sip and smiled as the warm hot chocolate hit her tongue, sending her into an internal bliss.

"still the best?" he asked.

"of course." she said, "thank you."

jake then walked to his bunk and grabbed ambers hand along the way, pulling her softly with him.

the two made themselves comfortable in his bunk, cuddling up close to each other, and jake pulled out his phone and gave amber an earphone.

the two listened to music as they sipped their hot chocolates and engaged in small conversation.

'heavenly' by cigarettes after sex began to play, somewhere during the song jake had taken ambers mug from her hand and placed it on the ground.

amber's eyes got heavy and she rested her head against jakes chest, her arm wrapped around his body.

"and when you're far away,
i still feel it all
and when you're far away,
i still feel it all the same
and when you're far away,
far away,
i'm giving you all my,
giving you all my,
giving you all my love."