chapter twenty four: you like me?

"thank you! thank you!" amber yelled out into the crowd that screamed and roared back to her.

she still felt that same rush as she did last show, and her veins were filled with so much adrenaline she could do the whole show all over again.

though she can still feel her head pound, and rubbed it in an attempt to ease the pain.

amber smiled brightly as nick brought her in for a side hug, ruffling up her hair.

amber then looked across the stage, seeing jake standing there in the wings.

he mouthed something to her, and she already knew what he was saying.

"quit it!" amber mouthed, laughing.

"it's true! you're way better than me." jake said.

amber shook her head as she giggled to herself and before she knew it, josh ran to her and hugged her tightly.

warmth.

"you're perfect." josh said in her ear.

as they pulled away, ambers cheeks were visibly a bright red.

"stop it." she said, slapping him playfully.

josh looked past amber and into the crowd.

noticing that he was fixated on something else, she turned around, curious to see what he was so intrigued with.

then she saw numerous fans pointing towards the two and taking pictures and videos.

"i think they've noticed." josh whispered into her ear.

amber smiled, and began walking — josh putting his arm around amber as they walked down the hallway.

"are we hitting a bar again?" amber asked.

"you bet." josh said, smiling to amber.

amber stopped in-front of her dressing room and josh tells her he'll wait outside.

she gets changed and shoves her phone into her back pocket, then rushing down the hallway where she sees josh waiting outside for her, a smile forming as soon as he sees her.

he instantly takes her hand in his and the two begin walking to the bar.

"i hope you're okay with me doing this." josh said, "i just figured because we're supposed to act like a couple-"

amber cuts josh off.

"josh, it's fine... i like it." she said, smiling to him.

"is everyone already at the bar?" amber asked.

"yeah, i think so." josh said.

amber nodded and the two continued to walk hand in hand to the nearest bar, because they both know the group wouldn't go that far.

amber once again thought about how her hand fit so perfectly in his... it felt surreal in a way.

she rested her head against his shoulder as they walked, closing her eyes and he guided her in different directions.

she was already so tired from this day, and she knew she wouldn't last long at the bar.

"amber." josh whispered in her ear.

she then felt his body move, but a pair of hairs holding her up steady.

amber opened her eyes to see josh looking at her, a soft expression written on his face.

"you look tired, amber." josh said, "maybe we should just head back to the tour bus."

amber shook her head, "no, no. it's fine. just a headache."