chapter twenty five: i'm in

"amber?" josh asked.

she shot her head up and made eye contact with the young man, and at this time she really wished he wasn't here, just after she had talked with jake.

amber looked away, in an attempt to keep the tears in.

she didn't know exactly why she was crying, maybe it was because she had just partly rejected jake and confessed that she saw a future with his twin.

or it could be the fact that she was so overwhelmed but something someone would consider so little.

"hey, hey, hey..." josh quickly rushed to amber, placing his hands on her shoulders and looking into her eyes.

she finally made eye contact with him again.

"what's wrong?" he asked.

amber bit her lip and then began to sob.

josh didn't hesitate to instantly pull amber close to him, letting her tears stain his white shirt.

after around a minute, amber collected herself and looked to josh.

"what's happened?" josh asked, looking to amber with his eyebrows furrowed in concern.

what has happened? amber asked herself.

she couldn't really decipher this unknown sadness, but she definitely knew the twins had an involvement in it.

"i-i don't know... i'm fine, josh." amber said, standing back from him.

"are you sure? because a minute ago you were definitely not fine." josh stated.

amber looked to josh, "i'll tell you when i've figured it out myself." she said.

josh nodded, "okay."

the two stood in silence for a few moments.

"how about i make you a hot chocolate on the bus?" josh asked.

amber smiled.

"i'd like that."

the two began to walk — josh's hand slipping in ambers, making her cheeks flush a bright red and her lips turn upwards into a soft smile.

the walked silently hand in hand until they reached the tour bus steps, where josh guided amber up.

"go lay down, i'll bring you the hot chocolate soon." josh said, smiling to amber.

she reluctantly pulled her hand away and went to her bunk, pulling the covers over her tiny body.

amber pulled her phone out of her pocket and scrolled through her instagram feed, eventually coming across a video of her and josh on the side of the stage, standing ever so closely to each other.

the caption reads, 'amberlynn and josh?! can you imagine if they are actually together!"

amber chuckled to herself, imagining the thrill this fan will have tomorrow once the pair do the interview, revealing their relationship to the world.

her phone then vibrated as she then got a message from a random number.

intrigued, amber tapped on the notification.

unknown number
you know,
i cant live like this

amber
who is this?

unknown number
it's just so hard,
don't you know how
hard it'll be?

amber
once again,
who is this?

"here you go." josh said, startling amber slightly as he handed her the hot chocolate.

she smiled to josh, thanking him before taking a sip of the hot chocolate.

not as good as how jake does it, amber thought to herself.

"wow, this is great." amber said, smiling to josh.

quit comparing the two! amber thought.

josh stood there awkwardly and amber took it upon herself to move to window of her bunk, patting the spot beside her so josh could sit down.

he squeezed in beside her and pulled the covers over his body, then looking over to amber.

"are you ready for the interview tomorrow?" josh asked.

amber took a sit of her drink.

"well i sure hope so." she said, "don't you think it could possibly get worse after we tell everyone?"

"maybe... but i think it'd be better after. people would back off, and well, all the fan edits of the two of us." josh said, chuckling.

amber began to laugh as well.

"oh now that is something i'm excited for." amber said.

"can you imagine? light my love over a bunch of photos and videos of us together." josh said, smiling to amber.

"it would be adorable." amber said, looking to him.

then amber quickly remembered.

"oh... that reminds me. what do you think of you being in a music video, with me?" she asked him.

"i say i'm all in." josh said, smiling to her.

ambers face lit up.

"well it would be very... lovey-dovey." amber said.

"that just gives the fans more good content for edits." josh said.

amber then laughed, smiling to josh as he laughed with her.

"so you're in?" amber asked.

"i'm in." josh said, a smile plastered across his face.