chapter nine: you are perfect

amber walked onto the stage and her eyes widened as she looked out into the crowd.

this was a lot of people.

amber stepped up to the microphone, and was confused as to why everyone in the crowd were silent and why no one was looking at her.

no one was cheering for her.

no one was shouting insults.

no one was even looking at amber.

it was just pure silence.

and it was like she wasn't even there.

suddenly, her drummer and bass player started playing their first song to start off the night, and amber quickly began strumming her guitar, but the strings broke, leaving her stranded with just the microphone.

amber placed her hands on the microphone and opened her mouth, though nothing came out.

amber tried to sing.

but she couldn't.

she looked out into the crowd and scanned the audience — not a single person seemed to be phased by amber and her failure.

but as she looked into the crowd, she then noticed a pair of eyes looking to her.

amber furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as she looked back to the man in the crowd, and she quickly noticed that it was...

jake.

suddenly, the crowd split in half, and jake began walking to amber.

he jumped up on stage and held her hands.

"amber..." jake said.

"amber?"

"amber!"

amber quickly shot forward and gasped.

"amber?" jake asked.

amber quickly looked over to jake, and saw him with his eyebrows knitted together in confusion.

"are you okay?" he asked her as he placed a hand on her back comfortingly.

amber sighed and rested her head in her hand.

"yeah... yeah, i'm fine." amber said, "just a weird dream." she added as she looked over to him.

amber then noticed that it was no longer dark — it was day.

"what time is it?" amber asked jake.

jake pulled his phone out of his pocket and eyes widened in shock.

"it's eight o'clock." jake revealed, "i have a photo shoot to get to!" he then exclaimed.

jake quickly stood up and then looked at all the notifications on his phone — several messages and calls from each of the boys.

"we better get going then." amber said, quickly moving to the ladder.

amber climbed down and jake quickly followed her, the two then running through the streets of brisbane city until they eventually found their way to the hotel, where josh, sam and danny were all ready and waiting out the front.

"jake! amber!" sam exclaimed as he noticed the pair, "where were you guys?!" he asked.

jake and amber looked to each other, none of them speaking up.

"uh! forget it, let's go!" danny said, quickly ushering everyone in the car.

"we're always late anyway." jake huffed.