Chapter 33

"This is why we
                 can't have nice things."

Jade, Stiles and Max knelt down beside Lydia. They were on the lacrosse field, after leaving the party. Peter had just bit Lydia. This wasn't good. In fact, this was the opposite of good. This was bad. Yes, it was very bad indeed.

Peter growled in warning as Max went to see if the girl had a pulse. He couldn't help but silently thank that his empath bond hadn't been that strong with Lydia, otherwise he wouldn't have been able to help.

"Don't kill her," Stiles pleaded, his voice breaking. "Please."

"Never mind killing her, I'm going to fucking kill him!" Jade yelled, slapping Peter across the face. She began to hit him over and over again until Stiles pulled her back. "Fine! Fine. Let me go," she said, calmer than what she previously was. She didn't exactly see why she couldn't kill him. He wasn't exactly of any use. In fact, all he did was cause more problems for them. If anything, she was doing them a favour.

"Tell me how to find Derek and I won't hurt her," Peter stated. He was acting as if he hadn't just got bitch slapped by a sixteen year old. "What?" Max spluttered.

The man had his claws out now and was running his hand up and down Lydia's cheek. "Tell me how to find Derek Hale."

He recoiled away from the girl on the floor. Jade had sent a zap of pain shooting up his wrist in warning. "Play nice," Peter taunted. When they got out of this, she would make sure to give the hunters Peter's name. He would be top on her list of 'people i fucking hate with a passion.'

"Tell me the truth. Or I will rip her apart," Peter said, still hovering over Lydia. She was losing more blood by the second and they needed to make a decision.

"Look, I think Derek knew that he was going to be caught. By the Argents. And when he were shot, I think he took Scott's phone," Stiles spilled out. "They all have GPS now. So if he still has it and it's still on, you can find him," he explained.

                                        ~

"You're coming with me," Peter said, pulling Stiles up by his collar.

Jade moved closer to Lydia, trying to find a pulse. She let out a breath of relief when she found it. It was uneven and faint, but it was there. "Ring Jackson and tell him where she is. That's all you get. And you Max. You're coming with me too," he said.

"Like hell he is! When you were caught in that fire did it make you lose the last working brain cell you had?" Jade spat.

"Jade, leave it," Max warned. Peter walked away while Max leaned down to his sister. "Look, you need to find Scott." She raised an eyebrow in confusion. "He feels, like, sad but also hurt, but I don't think physically hurt. Just trust me, I think something's wrong. Take Lydia to the hospital with Jackson, find Scott and then message us, okay?"

She nodded as Max disappeared after the others. For once in her life, she couldn't wait to see Jackson Whittemore.                               

                                        ~

Jade tip-toed through a dark corridor, in what she assumed to be a cellar. Waving her hand, she pulled out her map to make sure she was going the right way. Scott seemed to be not too far away. A bang up ahead and the raised voices of Derek Hale and Scott confirmed that they were there.