haircut

SECOND-PERSON POV

May 18 1984
1:27am

You and William were making your way back to the house. William thought it was a good idea to drink right after his shift. He was stumbling everywhere. You were the smart one and didn't drink much. Well, not as much as Willaim did. You had to help him out of the car. You remember in the comic this should be when

Michael cuts Elizabeth's hair. They've both seen You before so she wouldn't be startled when you came in. You opened the door for you two. Elizabeth was on the couch, when she heard the door opened her head perked up. She jumped up and smiled.

"Welcome home father!" She said very excited, then looks over to me and realizes I'm here too. "Oh, hi Y/n." She says coldly. She thinks that You and William were something. No matter what you kept telling her, she sees You as a replacement. Nothing else.

"It's a little late for you be up, you should get back to bed." William says, his words sluring. His breath smells of straight alcohol. Which made you scrunch up your nose to the stench.

"Not yet! I have something to show you!" She goes back to her happy self and replys eagerly.

"Well get to it. I've had a loooong day, and I need some rest."

"Yeah, your father's been uhm, 'busy'."

"Father do you notice anything," Elizabeth spins and poses. "Different?" William stares at the blonde girl in front of him for a moment, squinting his eyes.

"Eh, did you grow taller? Had a birthday?" William says, Elizabeth looks a bit hurt.

"W-What? No-!"

"Oh no~ I lost the guessing game." William gets out of your grasp and makes his way back to his room. "Looks like I'll have to be punished by going to my room." He walks further through the hallway. "Who knows, I might even learn something new." William continues until he is out of sight for the both of you.

"Uhm, I like what you've done with your hair." You say, wanting to cheer her up.

"I didn't ask you," Her words were cut off by tears. "I asked father." She says, words breaking as she runs away. You sigh, knowing that this might happen. You lay down on the couch and switch through channels. Nothing really good is on, so you take out your phone to put some music on the go to sleep.

You turn the TV off, and turn on a Playlist on (whatever music app you use.) You already had your head/earphones plugged into the phone, so you put them in your ears as one of your songs play. You wonder why you were given that weird pill.

But who cares. You get to live out a fantasy that a lot of people want. And you've got the chance too. You smiled at that thought. Your the lucky one here, right? You shake your head.

You should get some sleep. You do have a job here. You even knows what will happen. And if your phone has been working ok so far, then your pretty sure that you should hide it. Knowing that they didn't have cellphone here. It'll be best to keep it out of sight for the most part.

As your music played, you slowly fell asleep. Wondering what the day day would be like. You sat up, disrupting your sleep. You knew what's going to happen. And you can't help them. You shook your head.

"If I don't see them or interact it wouldn't hurt as much." You said to yourself, trying to feel better about what to happen. Which, didn't help very much. You layed back down and went to sleep. You hated the fact that you couldn't save them or anything.

(642 words)