Missing the punchline

Y/N POV

September 4th 1986
4:30 p.m.

I was helping William, well 'Dave' bring in some stuff for the party today for boss appreciation day. I didn't understand why he wanted to do this. Didn't he have something else he was keen on doing. Jeremy peered through the door way.

"So, how's the celebration going?"

"All's fine, it hasn't started yet, if that's what your wondering." Dave replied. "You can, uh - drink right?" He said to Jeremy.

"You're the one who brought alcohol to a kids party place. I don't think I'm the one who should be answering questions here." Jeremy then closed the door and left us alone.

"I can't believe your going to let a kid drink alcohol!"

"Relax, Phil can deal with all of that. Plus he'll be fine." William said trying to reasure me, he voice also reverted back to his normal British accent.

"Yeah, sure. Do you have the punch?"

"Uhm, I think let me check real quick..." He goes through some bags. "Yep, we have everything. Let's begin getting this all together."

***

Me and Wil are almost done setting everything up, all we need to do to finish is pour the vodka into the punch, Wil had started that already. Then the door bursted open and kids filled the room.

"Hey what are you kids-"

"Great job setting up, Mr. Miller and Mx. L/n, I think this is one of the best prepared birthday party's ever seen!" Phil said, interrupting Dave.

"Birthday?" I say to myself.

"B-birthday-? Oh...heh...yeah, of course. Birthday party. Kids." He shoved an arm in my direction. "Why didn't you tell me this?!" He whispered to me.

"I forgot! I've told you my memory had been falling me lately!" I whisper back. Dave looked back at the punch.

"Oh, uhh, just remembered! This punch is uhh...Yes! This punch is spoiled!" He goes to grab the punch and walk out.

"How can punch be spoiled if you just poured it? Let me see it-"

"No sir! Far to nasty. I'm sure you'd be sicker than a dog from one drop!" Dave said nervously and began to walk away.

"Y-yeah he's right! We really shouldn't give it to the kids!"

"Awh come on guys, punch can't get spoiled! Let me have some!" He laughs to himself as Dave gives him the death stare.

"You little-" He looks behind him towards Phil, takes a deep breath and....starts to chug down the spiked punch.

"Mr. Miller!" Phil called out, he knocked the punch bowl out from his hands, making it tumble to the ground. Getting on himself. "M-mr. Miller. I want you to go start up the animatronics and hope you still have a job by the time you are done." Dave ran out of the room. Phil seemed to recognize the smell, he sniffed his tie. "Is this...alcohol?" He said, he went up to me. "Why was their alcohol in the punch?"

"Uhm, we were uhm-" Dave came in with Toy Freddy.

"Is there a birthday boy in need?" He asked.

"Howdy kids! I hope you-" Dave and him both slipped on the punch that was on the floor, I held back my laughter.

"...I'll go start up bonnie." I heard Jeremy say.

***

"Phil are you sure you wanna help? I can take him myself."

"No, no its fine. Plus I feel like you'd need some help. I also need to have a word with Mr. Miller. You can go ahead." He smiled at me, I walked ahead off them. Phil was yelling about something about the business but I was to far away to hear anything. I stopped when I was far enough to where I couldn't really hear them. I waited for a bit, then they caught up.
"Sorry for the wait! We just had to talk some stuff over."

"I-its fine."

"I just don't know why you two would put alcohol in the punch. It was a kids birthday party."

"Weee, was going to have it fir youu." Dave said, hid words sluring.

"What?"

"Yeah, it was boss appreciation day. So we wanted to show you how much of a good boss you are!" I smiled, Dave also smiled as well, in his drunken state.

"Yeeeah your such a goooood boss to us....heheh...."

"Oh, that was nice of you guys. Thank you..."

"Yeah no problem...imma just..rest my eyes for a bit." Dave said, his eyes already closed.

"Th - thanks for being honest. I'm uh, sorry I snapped at you like that. I didn't mean to be so hard on you."

"You what-?"

"Nothing. Uh nothing at all. Are you-feeling alright?" Dave giggled.

"Shucks I feel as fit as a fiddle."

"Uhm, you're still covered in punch don't you atleasr want to take off your jacket?"

"Mmm? Yeah, okay." He starts to take of his jacket. Phil's face looked like it had some blush on it. (I'm going off of the panel Phil had some blush present I'm not shipping Dave and Phil I just wanted to make the clear 🥲) Mine felt a bit hot so I must've been as well.

"Nevermind..." Phil said, he wiped his face, he clears his throat. "So you live around here?"

"No we live right there." I point to the love bus, just then Scott came out.

"Hey! Oh my God Wil-" William kicked Scott's Shoe and coughed. "...Pardon, Dave." He continued. "Has he been in any trouble? It's everyday with this bozo... we'll punish him accordingly if we must."

"Oh, uhm...N-No, sir. Perfectly fine. Top in class of the business! He just one to many is all!" Phil said nervously. I didn't notice how similar both Scott's and Phil's voice sounded.

"...right. anyway I'll take him from here."

"Right then, I'll see you two tomorrow!" I followed Scott inside.

"Scott?" Wil mumbled.

"Right here, Mr. Miller. Wild night huh?"

"...right...." Wil replied.

"Come on let get you to bed!" I said, walking into the love bus with the other two.

(1016 words)