Convention :D

THIRD-PERSON POV

October 24th 1986
7:00 pm

Everyone stood waiting For Joan; and the bus to arrive. Y/n was contemplating on if they should say something about the phone to William. They brushed it off, this weekend is a time off? They weren't sure at all. Joan finally walked intot he pizzeria. Once she did she looked very confused.

"Oh thank God! We were getting worried that you were going to be late!" Phil exclaimed.

"Yeah, real worried." Dave smugly remarked.

"The hell is going on here?"

"We have a employee bonding convention this weekend...did you forget?"

"Forget?! NO ONE decided to tell me!" While the two argued Y/n zoned out again. Thinking about whatever was relevant in that moment. Then the parts and service room came up and then they tuned into the conversation again.

"Well it's nice in there!" Everyone except for Phil and Y/n shivered.

"What's about the parts and service room?" Y/n asked.

"Oh I put the e.b.c; as I like to call it, poster into the parts and service room."

"No one but Dave goes in there."

"Yeah! And its a hassle getting the parts I need." Dave grumbled.

"Fine fine whatever I'll just place it somewhere else next time!"

"Well, I'll see you guys Monday have fun!"

"Joan where are you go- and she's not listening to me."

"Wow, such a same." Dave remarked.

"Dave won't you just-" A horn honked. The bus that would take them to where their going had arrived. "I told them that we were going to have five people! What do I say now?" Phil mumbled to himself. Dave lightly elbowed Y/n and laughed. Y/n fakes a amusing huff and continues to walk.

"Ooo~! I call window seat! Jeremy called out, he went and found a seat and sat down. Phil was making his way back when Chauncey stopped him.

"Managers sit up front." Phil scoffed and sat down. Y/n found a window seat and sat down. Dave sat beside them.

"So, how long is this bus ride supposed to be?" Dave whispered, not having his accent present.

"About 3 hours. Didn't you pay any attention to Phil and his rant?" Dave just looked at them. "Right, you didn't. But I wanted to-"

"99 BOTTLES OF BEER ON THE WALL!! 99 BOTTLES OF BEER!" Jeremy yelled out.

"This is going to be a long 3 hours isn't Dave."

"Yep, definitely."

***

After the long bus ride the bus came to an halt and stopped at an apartment building. The bus doors opened and everyone rushed off, annoyed by Jeremy's yelling the whole trip. Jeremy was patiently waiting for everyone to get off, while Dave was trying to wake Y/n up.

"Y/n were here." They shook them. "Wake up!" After a bit of shaking them to consciousness they woke up.

"What?" They said tiredly.

"We're here come on!" He pulled Y/n up while they groaned.

"Fine. I'm up." They frowned.

"It's fine you can go back to sleep once we get into the apartment."

"Okay, okay I'm going!" Dave lead Y/n out as Phil lead them and Jeremy to their rooms. Which were close.

"Ok guys, they only provided enough rooms for 3. Because we were going to share rooms, but since the managers can't share rooms between the 3 of you decide who gets to share the room-"

"NOT IT!" Jeremy called out putting a finger on his nose. "Ah, sucks to suck, anyway imma have that room all to myself!" Jeremy smiled.

"That's fine." Dave simply said. Y/n stayed quiet.

"If that's everyone's choice, here are your keys to your rooms. And if you go to the bar, please don't get us kicked out." Phil hands the two keys out to the three, they went into their rooms and got ready for bed.

***

"Hey Y/n?" Dave asked.

"Yeah? What is it?"

"Uhm, what were you trying to ask on the bus?"

"Oh, I forgot, heh, eh it's fine it probably wasn't important anyway. Imma head to bed." Then a thought cane to their mind. "WAIT! PUSH THE BEDS TOGETHER TO HAVE A BIG BED. DO IT RIGHT NOW!" They said excitedly. Complaines from other rooms were heard but neither of the two cared.

"Okay okay I'll do it...but why?"

"Just because. Now do it!" Dave did it.

"There, not what?" Y/n fell onto the bed and got comfy.

"Now I sleep!"

"Buh-" He paused. "But where do I sleep?"

"Oh, just sleep on your bed duh."

"But-"

"Oh my goodness just get on the stupid bed!" Dave got into the bed and adjusted under the covers. "Night!" Y/n said as they fell asleep almost instantly. They were facing Dave, he just stared. He didn't know why, he just did. Without thinking he held Y/n close and started to cuddle them. It felt nice...He soon fell asleep.

(830 words)