Uneasy

SECOND-PERSON POV

"Remnant?" You mumble under your breath. All of this was going fast, to fast in fact. You could hardly believe that he already has Susie's remnant.

"Yeah! And my prediction is that it makes you immortal! But I don't have anyone to test it on at the moment. And I still have some testing to do." He trails off and messes with the purple liquid in front of him. Trying to do something. You start to walk away, seeing that he doesn't need you anymore. "Stay." He said simply. And you did so.

***

It felt like forever until he even talked again. He just let out a big sigh.

"It's not enough." He mumbles.

"What was that?"

"Oh, nothing! Just uhm, you can go now." He smiles you mentally shrug and walk out.

***

Elizabeth was asleep on the table, with Henry sitting next to her. You walk towards the two, as Henry notices you.

"Hey," You said.

"Hi Y/n." He smiled. Happy to see you. "Do you think that little girl will be alright?" He asks, with a glimmer of hope in his eyes.

"Yeah, she has to be. Atleast I hope she is." You sigh, you lied to make someone happy. It's not the first time, and definitely won't be the last.

"Me too, I just hope she's just lost in the woods or something. Kids like playing in the woods still right?"

"Yeah, but Susie was here. Why she leave just to go in the woods, and not tell any of you guys."

"I'm not sure. But I'm not going to give up hope yet." He straightens his posture as footstep could be heard from behind You. You turn to see William walking up to You.

"Yeah Will?"

"Were going home. Its late and not a single customer is here, so let's go Elizabeth!" Elizabeth jolts up, still very tired she gets up and stands near You, you grab her hand so you can lead her to the car.

"Bye Henry! See you later." You softly say as you three leave the building. You get Elizabeth in the back seat while both You and William sit in the two front seats, he sits on the driver side while you sit in the passenger side. You feel like your forgetting something. William starts the car and drives off. You look at the back seats.

"What Y/n?"

"We don't have Micheal! We need to go get him."

"He's fine. We'll come pick him up later." You sigh.

"No, William go back!"

"This is my car. I'm not going to listen to you." You sigh again.

"Fine! Don't listen to me!" You yell. You turn your head to the window to look outside. You needed to calm down, luckily it sort of did. You two didn't talk for the rest of the ride.

***

We pull in to the driveway, we all get out and go inside. You didn't want to but you didn't feel like arguing with William right now. You'll just go and pick him up in an hour. No, you'll go right now. You couldn't just leave him there. Walking sounded nice, so that's what You did.

You walked around the town it was quiet, which seemed odd, people would be out, it's summer. There's no kids running around and screaming, no bbq's, no family gatherings, not birthday party's, nothing. I guess there all out on the search party. It was quiet the whole way there.

***

You arrive at the pizzeria, Henry was still there.

"Henry," Henry jumped, not thinking you'd be back. "Oh, hi Y/n! Why are you back?"

"Have you seen Micheal? William left him here and I need to bring him home."

"Oh, his over with Fritz or something, heard the two walk over to the pizza hut."

"Thanks!" You said as you walked out and towards the pizza hut. You open the doors to the establishment to see Micheal and Fritz having what looks like a tea party. "Hi guys!" You said, the two boys look at you, Micheal looks embarrassed.

"Hi Y/n! Would you like to join us! There's enough room for 3!" He said happily. You thought for a bit. This might be the only time you could have a tea party with him, before...No, you shouldn't be thinking about that right now.

"Sure, why not." You smiled. Fritz got a chair and placed it down, to which you sat down in it. Whole Fritz got back into his seat. The three of you enjoyed your tea party for the 2 hours.

(769 words)