Tony's POV

"Papa please, help me-"

I shrug awake, gasping for a bit of air. It's been 7 years but I still get this damn nightmare. I wish I could save her. I wish I could see her grow up. Is she even still alive.

I lie my head back down on the pillow, but the effort to fall back to sleep was futile. It just wasn't worth it. I sigh before standing up. I make my way down the hall to the kitchen. I look for a glass out of the shelf and grab it before pouring some water.

Papa, papa please help me...

Why, why would your voice still haunt me, I know I failed you, but I was too weak. I tried tracking you from multiple satellites, I tracked down older Hydra bases and anything connected to it... But you weren't there. I couldn't save you. But then I found something that killed me on the inside, I found some of your old clothes in one of the Hydra bases, it seemed like it caught on fire somehow, there was a body, not even I could get any traces on this body, it was unrecognizable, burnt to a crisp. I tried everything to try and identify if this child's burnt body was yours...  It became unhealthy, it became my only purpose until Pepper finally got me out of it. The sad thing is- I never told the other Avengers... They didn't need to know of my mistake.

Papa, can u hear me? I need you...

Why, isn't 7 years of nightmares enough?

Papa please I need you, I think I'm being kept closer than you think, please dad don't let me die.

What am I supposed to do, run after ghosts... "You're dead Y/N, I couldn't save you!" I shout at my brain trying to make me feel more guilty. In frustration I threw my glass against the wall, it shattered into small pieces.

"Papa, I'm not dead... I, I... I survived."

My heart sunk to my feet. I try and contact her again. "Y/N, wait where are you."

"Papa I don't know, I'm in a big warehouse, I hear trains speeding by, boats honking, and I think a bit of music playing far off."

"Ok, Y/N I'll get the team, I won't fail you this time."

"Friday sound the alarm to wake the others, it's time to bring her home! While you are at it scan the area for possible locations filled with warehouses, trains tracks nearby, but also near an industrial port, it might be near the commercial clubs." I order.

The compound's alarm wails through the concrete walls. Wanda, Cap, Vision, and Nat walk into the kitchen following one another. 

"Tony, what's wrong, is the compound in danger?" Nat questions.

"Well if it isn't, then I'm heading back to bed..." Steve groans.

"Well, it's an emergency but not currently here," I explain.

I debrief them on the situation, pulling up photos of a younger Y/N. Wanda goes pale.

"Wanda, what is it, do you know something?" Vision interrogates.

"That- that girl, she was at the same Hydra facilities as Pietro and I. She underwent the same tests I did. But Pietro and I were told she wasn't ready, they told us they discarded the project, and we thought she died. But clearly, after we left they went on with the tests." Wanda explains.

Could it possibly be, that the old crispy body was planted, the clear idea that Wanda would have mentioned a fire proves that the corpse was faked? My daughter might really be alive.