6

At School the next day:

The bell rang and I exit the class. Peter and Ned walk a little bit ahead of me, I catch up and hear their conversation, Ned seems excited about something, "First, I say we put the glowy thing in the mass spectrometer."

"First, we gotta come up with a better name than 'glowy thingy.' "

I lean closer to them and whisper, "I don't think it's the best idea to play around with this thing, It's not like we'll be able to make a lightsaber from it?"

Peter chuckles, "Did you just make Star Wars reference?"

As I stand behind him, he just turns his neck and stares at me, he looked deeply into my eyes, "Well I've been studying..."

He just had his quirky smile, and I smiled at him sheepishly. His eyes drift behind me, "Crap!"

"What's wrong? Did I say something?" It's crazy, a few months ago, I wouldn't even have thought of caring what somebody said. But now I need to know what he thinks of me. As I was still in thought Ned and Peter whispered something I couldn't hear.

"Uhm. Y/N, I know you're new here, so I wanted him to show you this place in the school." I could see straight through his lies, not even a newbie that Hydra was teaching to perceive lies, would be fooled by this. Maybe it'll just be better to go with it, he wouldn't lie to hurt me. Ned dragged me away, I looked at Peter, his eyes were filled with curiosity and also frightfulness.

Peter's POV:

The same guys who were selling weapons were walking through the hallways. I listened to what they were saying.

"High schools creep me out."

"They got this funny smell, you know?"

I hide behind the wall, as they carried on with their whispered conversation. They enter one of our classrooms.

No, no, no, no, no. I gotta follow them. Maybe they can lead me to the guy that dropped me in the lake. They enter the classroom Ned and I was just in. Are they tracking the glowy orb?

I start trailing the two men. I sneak down a staircase into the classroom. The two men are rummaging through the room.

"Can you imagine what the boss would say if he knew where we were?"

"It's saying there was an energy pulse right here." He looks down at some radar, clearly, it's an energy reader. I slowly walk down the stairs and take off his bag.

"There's no sign of the weapon. And even if it was here, now it's gone." Shit, does that mean that they're after Y/N and Ned, they still have the glowy orb!

The one looks in my direction. I reacted fast and hid under the table. As I was ducking under the table my hand hit an upside-down chair standing on the table and it shakes a little. Spotting the anomaly, the curious man walks closer, putting his hand on his gun. He crosses the room and pauses by the worktable, scanning the area. The men head to the door, I can't let them get away. I shoot a tiny robotic spider at one of the men's shoes. It stealthily climbs up the man's leg.

***

I try and find where Ned took Y/N, I finally see Ned, he is making excuses to try and distract her. He starts showing her the lego collection he has stuffed in his locker, she seems bored. Clearly, she doesn't want to hurt his feelings. I walk up to them, feeling a bit nervous. I don't understand why keep getting nervous around her, it's not like she's Liz, but each time she mentions Liz's name I feel guilty. But it's not like I like Y/N, it's just confusing, Liz is really nice. Shit, I forgot I didn't even apologize for ditching her party.