My phone started buzzing as the alarm started ringing. I lazily stood up from the bed and went to brush my teeth. I take out some clothes to wear and throw my yellow decathlon jacket over it. Before I get distracted I need to go and warn Peter about the 'glowly orb' , but subtly.

I lock my door behind me and walk all the way to their hotel room, when I knocked I could hear thumbs as if somebody fell off the bed and was lazily walking to where I was standing. I saw the door open only a smither, Ned, that clearly just woke up, stood on the other side of the door.

"Hey Ned, we're supposed to be ready in 20 minutes!"

"Oh yeah, we've been up for about an hour!"

"Lies Ned, is Peter up yet?"

"Um, yeah! Yeah, he was up... But he doesn't feel well so I don't think he's coming with."

"Oh ok..." I look behind me noticing Mr. Harrington waking everybody up," Well I'll tell Mr. Harrington, I'll meet you at the lobby in 20 minutes."

He smiles nervously, "Make that 15..." 

"Oh and Ned, leave the glowy thing please..."

After that I headed to mister Harrington to break him the news, Mr. Harrington looked sad. He wanted to go and check up on Peter, but I told him that he needed rest. We agreed to both check up on him when we return after the competition and the tour we're going on after that. I went down to wait for Ned in the lobby.

Ned's POV

"Oh and Ned, leave the glowy thing please..."

Peter might need it, so I think I'll still take it with me. I take out my phone and try and dial Peter, but he didn't answer. He didn't come back after sneaking out last night. Who do I contact if I think my friend has been captured by an evil birdman...

I rush to get ready, another student comments on the other side of the door, "Ned, Peter, we're gonna be late. Come on, let's go."

"Okay, hold on, hold on," I yell through the door.

I took out my phone and texted Peter.

You:

Peter! Dude, you're going to be late! Where are you!
I had to lie to Y/N for you, she's actually very intimidating
when you lie to her. I told her you aren't feeling well...

Peter's POV

I am still trying to override the lock because Siren left me in here. I yawn, then continue to press some buttons.

"Initiating trial 247," Karen says.

The massive warehouse doors groan as they open. "It worked! It works!" I yell excitedly. I swing with my webs through the opening doors. I crawl on the ceiling outside, then drop on the trailer of a departing truck. I lie down as the truck passes an armed guard.

***

I stand up in the back of the truck. Shit- the decathlon! "Karen, you have to get me to Decathlon as fast as possible." Karen responds, "Sure thing. Just tell me where it is."

"Right across the street from the Washington Monument," I answer. I take out my phone to call Ned.

"Hey, it's Ned. Leave a message." Damn it, Ned... "Ned, call me back! The glowy thing is a bomb!"

Y/N POV

"The next correct answer wins the championship," the Moderator announces.