I stand close to a food stand. The pier is bustling this time of the night. People that are chatting, slowly walk past me. They have the wildest conversations. The man attending the food stand, calls for my attention, "Listen lady if you aren't going to take the food, I'll give it to the next hungry customer." 

I snap out of my trance at the people passing by. I ruffle through my pocket, grab 3 dollars that are just idly resting in my pocket, and hand it to him. A familiar voice shouts through the crowd. I glance left to notice Peter walking toward me. Something feels off about this, but I don't pry too much into it. His smile is contagious, I can feel a slight grin sprout on my face.

"Hey Y/N, thanks for buying the food, but this is the only that happens, you hear me?"

"Yeah yeah, now just take it and eat."

We stroll to the end of the dock. The moon glistens onto the ocean's waters. Waves clash against the pier's poles beneath it. The sea seems restless. Something still feels wrong, like I've been here before...

"Hey Y/N, is everything okay?"

"Yeah, why?"

"You haven't touched your food. You're the one that usually gobbles it down first!"

I giggle, he knows me, doesn't he? I take a bite of my food. It's a shame I can't tell him about my powers. I wish I could.

"Are you a little stressed about this weekend?"

"What, the Decathlon? Never!"

"Then what is it? It's strange seeing you doze like this?"

"I don't know, it's like I've been here before..."

"Oh simple, that's called deja vu! It's simply whenever your brain stores a short term memory along with your long term memories."

"Oh, I guess you're right!" I eat my food until finally, I swallow my final bite. Peter takes our trash and throws it into the bins. I look up at the moon, it's awfully big tonight quite unsettling really! Peter comes waddling back.

"Hey, I have an idea! I saw a photo booth a little back, why don't we head that way and check it out."

"Sure," I walk beside him. I see a few stares from the people walking past, but it's nothing serious. I heard an older lady say, "They're probably in love Ralph," as we pass her. Imagine if that were true. As I start thinking of it a bit more, quick flashes of us kissing rush through my head. In the last one, he seems to be all beaten up and wearing his Spider-man gear. How do I know he's Spider-man?! I shake it off, probably just my mind fooling me. We climb into the photo booth and strike three poses. The last one was him just looking at me, smiling. It was comforting.

I move the curtain out of the way. I startle when I notice that we aren't at the pier anymore. The room is pitch black. I look around. When I look back I see Peter frozen in time just as he was about to climb out of the photo booth. 

A photo slides out of the photo booth ever so slightly. I pick it up. This photo is the same one that Peter handed to me back at the compound. The first time I actually felt quite safe around him. This 'date' was a few days after moving to Queens, the night after I made my suit. The night after I dubbed myself The Blue Siren.

I look back at Peter, his clothes start changing and bruises, cuts, and blood start appearing on his body. Almost like how I left him at the compound.

His mouth moves to say the very same thing that he said then, "It's now or never Y/N!"

I caress his cheek, longing for more time with him, tears start forming in the back of my throat, and my voice starts becoming croaky, "I'll find you, Pete!"