5

Mom called Happy to come and get her, while I greeted her and left to go over to the Parkers, I knocked on the door. Peter came from behind and greeted me as I waited for someone to open the door.

"Y/N, wow- it seems you're ready for this party..."

"Uh- yeah." I look up at him and his dorky smile.

"So- uh are you really feeling better, not just a fake smile."

I felt a bit of neck pain where I had a bit of an operation earlier. "Uh-uh yeah, I feel great!"

"Ah ok, that's good! Let's head in, I just quickly need to get dressed, Ned and Aunt May are already waiting inside."

He slipped by me and opened the door, Aunt May seemed very excited when I walked in.

"Y/N, look at you, you seem ready for this party... But are you sure you aren't going to take a jacket maybe, they say it's going to get cold later on?"

"Nah it's ok, I'm sure- I don't really get cold easily," I smile.

Peter came out of his room, dressed and ready to go. He wore an oversized grey hoodie with black jeans and some sneakers.

***

May drives us to Liz's house. Exciting, upbeat music pours out of the house. It seems really cool! May slows her car and turns to talk to us.

"House party in the suburbs. Oh, I remember these. Kind of jealous."

'I've never been to one!" I proclaim.

"Really, it'll be a night to remember," Ned winks at Peter.

May laughs at Ned's remark, "Ned, some hats wear men. You wear that hat."

"Yeah, it gives me confidence," he answers her.

Peter is just looking out the window, he isn't listening to us having a conversation beside him. I lean forward from the backseat and whisper in his ear, "Hey Pete, you don't have to worry about it! I'm sure you'll impress Liz tonight!"

"Yeah, thanks Y/N..." he still seemed upset at his answer, does he not like it when I talk about Liz? Did I think he really liked her, was I wrong? I shake it off and climb out of the car. We greet aunt May and walk into the house. Ned and Peter muttered a few things but I couldn't hear them over the loud music coming from the house.

We enter the crowded house party, I glance around anxiously. Peter looks especially on his nerves. Two girls pass by in front of us, not taking any interest in our arrival. I looked left seeing Flash running a DJ station. Ostentatious in headphones and a yellow shirt. 

"So Pete, when are you going to invite your Spidey friend?" I question.

"Well uh-" he's interrupted by the girl who joined us at the decathlon meeting the other day.

"Can't believe you guys are at this lame party." She spits. She carelessly throws her hair back, trying to act cool. She is in the process of spreading jam on a slice of toast.

I chuckle, "But you're here too."

"Am I?" she laughs. I like her she's really cool! 

"Um, I'm-"

"Y/N, no I know," the girl laughs.

"So who are you?" I ask

"A girl who is eating toast!"

The toast crunches as she takes a bite out of it and walks away. "Don't mind her, that's Mitchelle!" Ned whispers in my ear.

Liz comes from behind and laughs, "Oh, my gosh."