The Image of the Father

Requested by @Luigi_Drakonez ; I'm very sorry it took so long, and thank you so much for the support!

Apologies everybody, I know it has been a while since I've posted! As you may have noticed, I've been editing this work, and trying to not re-write most of the earlier chapters (a project perhaps when this work is finished), but I thought you all deserved an actual chapter while I do that! Thanks so much for the patience!

Without further ado, let's start!

------------

Multiverse found: The Image of the Father

"Ooo, seems interesting- and actually seems positive for once." Hatsume observed, eyes zooming in and out.

"Yes, I'm excited!" Nemuri cheered, clapping her hands together.

A father.

The figure, the concept, the feeling...it wasn't something Izuku was used to.

Hisashi was a vague vision in his mind, someone he had never really known, let alone loved, and surely not relied on.

What was a father?

Pushing down the urge to yell at Hisashi, since the bastard wouldn't hear it anyways, Katsuki grumbled out a "Oh, do we even have to talk about Hisashi, the coward."

Questions arose, but sensing it was probably better to ask Izuku himself, the audience continued watching.

"Hm, to be honest, I'm probably not the best person to ask about this, Eri-chan." Izuku answered honestly, who had just asked him the question.

"It's me!" Eri exclaimed, raising her hand in the air, "Kota-kun, I can't wait until I see you in a universe too!"

Blushing slightly in embarrassment, Kota stammered out a "Y-yeah."

"But, I thought everybody had a mummy and a daddy? I don't know what happened to mine, but I still remember them." Eri wondered curiously, crimson eyes big and sincere.

"Well, I did have a dad, just like everyone does. But...he started working abroad- that means in another country- many, many years ago, so I don't really know him; in fact, I don't even remember what he looks like." Midoriya said, patting Eri's pale locks, his hands rough but touch so very gentle.

Knowingly, Shota and Yamada looked at eachother and traded a message.

'What kind of damned father can't even spend a minute to talk to their child?'

"Oh...I'm sorry for asking Mr Deku.." Eri mumbled, eyes downcast, nibbling on her lip in guilt-tainted fear.

"None of that, Eri-chan." Izuku knelt down in front of the girl, putting a hand on Eri, and putting all his sincerity and love in his gaze, as she flitted her eyes to him. "I answered because I was fine with answering, so don't be afraid to ask, alright?"

Sounds of Mina spluttering and screeching could be heard, and honestly, who were they to disagree with her silent message?

"You would think being a hero is only in the battle-field, but nope, cuteness deserves its rightful throne too." Teigo laughed, red wings fluttering a little.

Seeming to take his words to heart, Eri smiled softly, and nodded.

"But to answer your question..." Izuku looked up, thinking to himself.

What was a father?

"My dad sent me so many snacks! He knows I can't live without this mochi from home!" Uraraka laughed, putting a single, wrapped mochi in his hand. "Try some Deku-kun!"