Compared Child

Multiverse found: Compared Child

Edited: 21/5/22

-----

"Compared child? Who was Mido compared to?" Mina asked

"Possibly the majority of children his age, since he seems to be bullied so much." Momo stated frustratingly, frowning at the sad reality.

"But why was Problem Child bullied is what we need to know. And from relying on the universes we've seen, I think it's safe to say that it was because Izuku Midoriya was...

quirkless." Aizawa states

"B-but I don't understand? Midoriya clearly has a quirk so... so how?" Sero starts.

"Perhaps he was a late bloomer?" Uraraka suggested, tears still glistening in her eyes.

"No, the latest ever report of age for being a late bloomer is 7-8. It seems he was bullied all throughout Middle School." Cementoss says.

"This.. is a difficult case.." Present Mic admits, "what if he just couldn't control his quirk, so he didn't use it, building the impression that the little listener didn't have a quirk?"

"It's terribly confusing!" Midnight exclaims.

"What if I were to suggest that... somehow, someone could transfer their quirk, and they transferred it to Problem Child?" Aizawa grunts.

"But Sensei-! That is simply... simply tomfoolery!" Iida protests.

"But what other explanation is there?" Aizawa states. He was not at all mad at Iida; he knew just how ridiculous it seemed.

"Well." Nezu says, suspiciously smirking with a haunting glee, "We will just have to see, I assume."

Chills racked the theatre. Unphased, Nezu takes another sip of his blood-like crimson tea. 

Oh compared child, compared child, I already know

Izuku in the midst of silhouettes of peers, all of them with a sneer

You don't have to tell me, I know I'll never be as good as her (him)

Tears rolling down his face

"Who is 'him?" Kaminari asks.

"Well, we'll find out soon enough so shut up!" Aizawa grunts, making Kaminari pale, and comply.

So please don't compare, no don't compare

Just leave me alone!

Midoriya seems to shout but is then revealed that he just trembles and does not speak

My left side hurts and it troubles me.

"Left side...?" Todoroki questions.

I always felt the gap between us

I was alive but I was aiming too high

Izuku looks to be reaching for someone, until he tumbles back into an abyss of black

"He shouldn't think like that!" All Might exclaims, although he painfully remembers himself telling Izuku that he should dream more realistically.

A B C D E F G

No matter what I chose

I failed much more than I succeeded

and I only got hurt some more