You Promised Me

Edit: 27/3/22

Multiverse Found: You Promised Me

"This sounds sad at first glance." Tsuyu states, much to Shoji's agreement.

"Yeah."

'What is this...dread..inside me?' the blonde thinks to himself, pushing the feeling away and focusing on the screen. 

You promised me that you'll be my best friend forever.

Scenes flash to a child Deku and Bakugou, laughing whole-heartedly, pinkies linked, the sun shining bright and vibrant, strays of sunlight highlighting their hair like they're dusted with gold.

"That's really sweet..." Midnight states, uncertain of whether the cute and positive atmosphere would last.

She got her answer:

it would not.

So why did you end up leaving me, fading in the dust. Why did you end up leaving me behind, broken? Was it something I did? 

I wonder; how can someone change so quickly, like we never had anything in between us. Was there nothing we could've done to keep our friendship?

The scene than changes to middle school Bakugou turning away from a middle school Deku, whilst Izuku is on the ground, crying.

'This makes me wonder if this actually happened, and if Problem Child actually felt this damaged..' Mr Aizawa ponders. 'He's always so happy for a reason, right? Something apart from his deep admiration of All Might. Something like...

Trying to tell everyone that he's happy even after everything he's been through...

Or maybe to brighten up someone's day so that they don't feel upset because he knows first-hand how horrible it is to feel this way...

and a worse possibility...

the smile is only a mask,

he hides his pain and sorrow behind that mask...

Is Izuku Midoriya really who we think he is,

the happy, peppy beacon of light?

------------

You promised to always have my back

The scene shows Inko and Izuku laughing with eachother and Inko hugging him.

So why did you end up giving up on me as well?

The scene shows little deku watching the all might video, and him asking Inko if he can still be a hero. It then shows Inko saying "I'm sorry, I wish things were different"

I know you didn't mean it Mum, but couldn't you tell that wasn't what I needed to hear? That I needed you to tell me that I could become a hero. 

'Young Midoriya...' Toshinori thought, deep regret already plastered on his face, as he saw what was coming.

You promised all your fans, all your supporters, every citizen in Japan that you'd help them and be the Pillar of Support.

"All Might, that sounds like him, doesn't it?" Jirou asks. 

"Yeah, it does!" Mina exclaims.

'What has Toshinori got to do with this...' Aizawa thinks to himself 'This being Midoriya's backstory as such... his story is filled with betrayal and pain...so why is All Might in here? Unless...'