part 12

i went home and all i could think about was the last time i was with the triplets. so much so it was all that appeared in my dreams too.

it was early august of 2016 when the sturniolos turned 14. to celebrate they threw a semi big party. at this time school was about to start back up in two weeks. we hung out basically every single day.

i had a fat crush on one of their friends, shawn. UGH shawn was so hot to handle for my 12 year old self. shawn would occasionally hang out with us, and i would go quiet. it was quite obvious that i was in love with him. and all three triplets knew i liked shawn. they tried everything to get us together, but it was just never meant to be. shawn would be at this 14th birthday party. it was at the local pool, the sturniolos rented it out for the evening.

it was my first time in a big gathering after my parents funeral, which was 3 months earlier . i just been officially cleared to live with my aunt, uncle and cousin chelsie, up till then i was in the system, i belonged to no one except the state. it was a miserable 3 months. my parents die and i get the gift of sleeping on a broken cot in a room filled with 17 other girls. i cried myself to sleep basically every night, i was mentally and physically exhausted. The temporary placement home was extremely strict and i wasn't allowed anywhere except for school. i was expected to go straight there and straight back without a minute to spare.

i was of course hidden away in a beach chair in the corner. what 12 year old would want to have the time of their life's, when their parents just lost theirs? i came to the struniolos party because they were always there for me. they wrote me constantly checking up on me. nick, matt, and chris would always ask to hang out in these letters and ask if i was okay. you can tell it wasn't a letter written fast, the boys took their time on every single one they sent me. everytime i read their notes, it almost made me feel like i was okay.

i watched as all the older kids jumped into the pool and splash eachother, i watched them go down the slides multiple kids at a time. i watched.  i sat and held myself as i watched the world continued to turn.

"hey ivy" it was chris. i didn't even see him come up to me. he was standing by my chair soaking wet with a already dampened towel around him.

"hi" i tried to manage. during the 3 months i also didn't speak much. some thought i went mute, but don't worry guys, i still talk.

"i've missed you" chris said trying to start a convo "a lot actually, we all have."

i look up at him and i'm staring right into his blue eyes. "i've missed you too" i said as i moved to make room for him. i patted the chair indicating for him to sit, and he did without hesitation.

"i'm glad you're back ivy" he said as he nudged his elbow on mine.

"me too" i said quietly looking down.

we sat in what would be awkward silence to some, but for me at that time, it was perfect. i laid my head on chris' shoulder i could feel his cold skin radiating, it almost made me calmer in a way. i don't know how long we spent in silence but i suddenly started hearing two boys calling out for their brother whom they've lost.

"chris? CHRIS!" the two remaining brothers yelled. they eventually spotted chris sitting next to me. they came running over towards us.

"IVY!" nick and matt yelled in unison, i lifted my head up as they both ran over and wrapped their wet and dripping selfs around me.

"hey guys" it was weird, i felt a smile form across my face as i hold onto their arms around me. i didn't want to let go of this feeling. eventually the two boys let go and took a seat in the chair right across from chris and i.